Notices

Buzz from OEM switch

Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Buzz from OEM switch

This is the kit I got.
I have a "buzz" sound that comes from my OEM switch when I turn the truck OFF with the switch still ON. The switch will "buzz" until I open the door. When I turn the truck ON the radio will be OFF after the "buzz" sound. The lights otherwise work as advertised and fuses/relays are installed. Im now wondering if I T-tapped the wrong wires? Anybody have any ideas why the switch would buzzzz?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
PartsNinja is on a distinguished road
Name: John
PartsNinja's Tacoma Gallery
If you have checked all your wiring and everything is in the correct spot (they have a post in their blog section that labels which wires goes to which position), I would contact the vendor. It could be the switch. That kit carries a warranty and it is possible that you need a new switch.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you have checked all your wiring and everything is in the correct spot (they have a post in their blog section that labels which wires goes to which position), I would contact the vendor. It could be the switch. That kit carries a warranty and it is possible that you need a new switch.
Thanks ill keep that in mind. After thinking about it a little more im wondering would it be possible for the lights to work if I T-tapped the wrong wires in lA-1? I got the correct color wires T-tapped just not sure if they are pin 29 and 35. My buddy was thinking it might actually be the relay drawing some power but not enough to stay on. Wanted to get others opinions before I decide my course of action.