Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Baja Racks new Spylight System

Old 02-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
wikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
Baja Racks new Spylight System

I've been working on a idea to hide/protect, my expensive light bar, for the last few years.. Baja Racks liked it, set up production, just launched it on Facebook . It's available for purchase and will bet fit on all utility racks. It was modeled off the FJ Rack , but, it will be be designed in with other Baja Racks too. It's a little exciting to see something I invented on the market
Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjFREV4eedo

thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
sick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
sick 3.4 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That is so sweet i want!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So Sick! I want one on all four sides!...if I had that kind of money.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
floodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant future

Name: Ken
floodedkiwi's Tacoma Gallery
like it.... want one
Old 02-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
rjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Airframer
Name: Rob
rjsimz's Tacoma Gallery
Sick
Old 08-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
damn, thats pretty sweet.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you are getting something from baja!! Sweet idea if i had the money i would buy one.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed!!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #12
wikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys
I will never get rich on this but I do get compensated I hope everyone and there brother buys one , then get one for your mothers too I am working on a new mod , so maybe with all of these things, I can drop my day job
Old 08-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #14
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks pretty sick, like how there is an aim on the fly aspect for the lightbar with the actuator!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #15

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely .
I have it ran to a double pole, double throw momentary switch. It may pull a few amps while it's going up and down, but that's it.

I probably should post a few pics of the install on my truck, along with the details on how all the wiring was ran
Old 08-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikid View Post
Absolutely .
I have it ran to a double pole, double throw momentary switch. It may pull a few amps while it's going up and down, but that's it.

I probably should post a few pics of the install on my truck, along with the details on how all the wiring was ran
Awesome

Yeah a thread would be cool
Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #17

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
This was the first round of lights mounted and wired
(6) Baja Designs S2's for the around the rack lighting
(1) Baja Designs Stealth bar with amber lenses (I also got the clear lenses too)

Install of stealth bar

Now for the roof
I used this bulkhead connector to run all of my roof wiring. Its a solid piece of rubber that you drill the wire hole through then the cover compresses around the wire for a water tight seal

Lights are mounted 2-2-2 both sides and rear
This was one of the front mounts

I added 2 Baja Design Squadrons for the bumpers

Here is the S-Pod that has 6 relays all fused and protected for LED lights
All of this is plug-n-play. You just need to get all the wire runs to this location ( a little easier said than done)

This is the Dirty Parts Switch panel, you can integrate with the S-Pod
All circuits are used
40" Baja Designs Stealth bar on the Spylight System
20" Baja Designs Stealth bar (Amber) on the front bumper
Baja Designs Squadrons in the bumper
2 S2's on the left side of the rack
2 on the right side
2 on the rack, facing the rear

The Spylight switch is mounted next to the switch panel on the dash

I need to find a few more pictures of them all lit up
Old 08-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Has your roof bulkhead proved to be a watertight connection ?

That seems pretty sweet
Old 08-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #19

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few near daylight n Ouray Colorado

I put amber lenses on the rear lights. I have got nothing but great comments from followers on dusty trail. They love the fact that they can see the lights, through heavy dust

Oh by the way I do have a new 2013 Trail Teams FJ now
Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #20

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Has your roof bulkhead proved to be a watertight connection ?

That seems pretty sweet
This bulkhead is used in the boating industry for high end applications. It rained every day in Ouray. No runs, drips, or errors. it was about 40-50 bucks, just for the bulkhead connector
I am also working on a pre wire system to eliminate severe wiring when doing a total roof rack lighting scenario . I was actually able to remove my roof rack in about 15 minutes then I was able to re install another one with the lights all working in maybe 45 minutes .