Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

My take on a more subtle LED cupholder mod

Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
I like how this turned out, too bad i have 2010 w/new style cup dividers. I'm going to try and find pic of the Venza cupholder lighting...
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Great job! I like it.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #23
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Really nice work! Can't do it in the manual the way you did it sadly...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #25
qckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to beholdqckslvr2234 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
qckslvr2234's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
I like how this turned out, too bad i have 2010 w/new style cup dividers. I'm going to try and find pic of the Venza cupholder lighting...
I will try to get a picture from my wifes venza after work. I wish they would have done the same type of thing with the Tacomas.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #26
Son of Most High
esizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esizzle777's Tacoma Gallery
I tried this and got it to work but then when I taped it up It stopped working. So i tried to recrimp with no success. After an hour of trying to get it to work I just decided to cut the green wires and recrimp with no luck again. What do you think could've gone wrong? Now I have no light for gear shift and half the lights on the radio went out as well
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #27
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
possibly touched hot wire to something and blew a fuse or shorted wire
Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #28
Son of Most High
esizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esizzle777's Tacoma Gallery
How can I fix?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen people do theres before like this, but not with the mirror reflection. Pretty nifty idea. I decided to bring mine in from the top and drill a hole through the lip under the HVAC controls so it would light up the cupholders + that cubby further back:

Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #30
DR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by esizzle777 View Post
I tried this and got it to work but then when I taped it up It stopped working. So i tried to recrimp with no success. After an hour of trying to get it to work I just decided to cut the green wires and recrimp with no luck again. What do you think could've gone wrong? Now I have no light for gear shift and half the lights on the radio went out as well
Check your fuses inside the cab. Do you have AC lights?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #31
2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough

Name: Markus
2013baja's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done! I've heard of some LEDs referred to as "5050" which are supposedly much brighter than regular LEDs... (for the record, I don't know anything about this stuff) Is that what you used?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #32
Army Retired
mltaylo3 is a name known to allmltaylo3 is a name known to allmltaylo3 is a name known to allmltaylo3 is a name known to allmltaylo3 is a name known to allmltaylo3 is a name known to all

Army: Retired Army, Signal Corps
Name: Mike
mltaylo3's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the blown fuse. And props to the op for a well thought out mod that goes the extra mile and keeps that glow subtle. Think I'll make mine orange to match the dash lights too.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #33
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Just received my LEDS from Lighthouse. Took two days for pre-wired 10-15v amber units. Installing this weekend.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:47 AM   #34
tasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
tasnowma's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics when installed. I'd love to see this method with amber lights.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #35
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Sorryi couldn't get a good pic. The amber is too subtle. I wedged some paper into the track to help hold the centre divider up a little to allow more light underneath. I'm very happy with it.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #36
tasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
tasnowma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone. I recently ordered some cool white leds from oznium and installed them today in my cup holder to replace the blue ones. I was kinda getting bored of the blue, and white always looks nice and clean so... time for a little change. Here are quite a few pictures for anyone out there that might want to try this using white. I'd say the white looks a bit brighter in person and you can see the cup holder nicely at night. Sorry if pics come out huge!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #37
Compton is on a distinguished road

Name: Cory
Compton's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the write-up. looks great and helped me do mine.