Best Circuit(s) to tap power for LEDs

Old 03-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Professional Slacker
11TRDTX is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
11TRDTX's Tacoma Gallery
Best Circuit(s) to tap power for LEDs

Whats up all...

I'm planning on running a few pairs of duallys/dually d2s/rigid LEDs (going to have to add pairs over time), and been looking into aux fuse blocks. I'm wondering which circuits, that only have power with key on, are ideal to tap power from to run to a fuse block without drawing excessive amps from any one particular circuit. Been trying to find wiring diagrams to help, but haven't had much luck.

I already have a pair of procomp 130's (with a relay) that a friend helped me wire in. forgot what they're tap into, but its a 25A circuit. would like to keep future lights away from them since they are pulling so many amps to begin with.

any input is much appreciated.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
I would not want to run an entire AUX fuse block using an oem circuit as the main source, it kinda defeats the purpose of the block if it's piggybacking and adding amp draw to an existing circuit. I would have the fuse block hard-wired to the battery, and run the switch/relay coil to an OEM circuit so the lights turn off when the key is off.