Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Headlight "KIT"

Old 03-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
LED Headlight "KIT"

Was wondering if anyone had any input/info on these lights i came across, they claim an output of around 1200 lumen, this brighter than stock? not sure about an hid. probably just as blinding?

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Super-...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
$140.00, I'll pass....
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
You would be halfway to projectors at that price, and I don't see how the light output would be anywhere near as good as a projector.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
totmacher has a spectacular aura abouttotmacher has a spectacular aura about

totmacher's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a LED wired as a reverse light on my truck and another as a headlight on my tractor. Package claims 1550 lumen output. They're good for my uses but I would never use them as headlights for my truck. Might be ok as auxiliary offroad lights. The 1550 lumen isn't bright enough to be main lights in my opinion. Close to stock maybe but not close enough.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got a 1600 lumen headlamp for mountain bike riding and there is no way I would consider using it for a vehicle. Cheap LED makers also over rate their light output as well. Mine actually measures around 600 lumens

Most of the time you can cut that number in half
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzteD View Post
Was wondering if anyone had any input/info on these lights i came across, they claim an output of around 1200 lumen, this brighter than stock? not sure about an hid. probably just as blinding?

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Super-...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt
Just so you know, there is a lot more to good lighting than just lumen output. Lumens is just a measure of how bright a bulb is, it's slowly replacing watts as a measurement of brightness. When it comes to a headlight, all the lumens in the world won't matter if you can't put it where you need to in order to see where you're going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
You would be halfway to projectors at that price, and I don't see how the light output would be anywhere near as good as a projector.
^this. TRS's kits are only in the low to mid $200's during group buys. I can pretty much promise you that a retrofit will blow that little LED away.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't touch any LED headlight kit. Especially since its relatively new for headlight use and only a handful of cars have it as a factory option. I would imagine a drop in kit would have sub par output and be nothing like you would get in an LED off road light.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen that before... Don't know if I'd trust it.

Modifystreet.com has projectors for half the price of TRFS, But I'd recommend using a different HID kit then what they sell.