Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Integrating FJ switch to Rigid light

Old 03-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
The sherbet is fermenting........
Sgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud of

Navy: test marketing positive thinking
Name: Matt
Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Integrating FJ switch to Rigid light

Has anyone done this? I am sitting here, looking at the six pin FJ accessory light switch and my three wire Rigid light bar wiring harness and scratching my head. Wires 5 and 6 I understand, will tap into the power and ground from my fog light switch. 1, 2, 3, 4 have me stymied. I know 1 is power to the "on" led. 2 is ground for the light. 3 is power in for the accessory light. 4 is power to the light. I am just having trouble thinking of how I need to splice this into the Rigid system. Any advice would be more than welcome. Thank you for your time.

For the life of me, I cannot find a wiring schematic for the Rigid wiring harness.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get it figured out Matt?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
Sgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud of

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Not fully. I am going to attempt to wire it up this weekend. There will undoubtably be some error and trial going on. My best guess is going to be blue wire to 1, black to 2, red to 3 and black to 4 again. Hopefully I don't blow up the system.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I would do. Dont run any wires into the cab. Cut the Red Black and Blue off the switch on the Rigid harness. Cap off the Red and the Black wires off. Take the blue wire from the rigid harness and T-tap it with the positive fog light wire any where between the factory relay and factory fog light bulb.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #6

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, figured it out. I had been searching all over the interweb for a wiring diagram for the Rigid light bar. Turns out the instructions that came with the D2s included what goes where for the bar .

So then integrating it into the FJ switch was a little nerve wracking, ended up calling my dad to double check as I didn't want to burn out the switch itself. Ended up being 1 to blue, 2 to black, 3 to red, 4 to blue again, 5 got connected to wire 4 of the adjacent fog light switch, 6 to wire 3 of fog light.

and then all closed up:

and working:
Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the switch from?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #9

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Where did you get the switch from?
I bought mine from a member here that was selling it, ihadmail.
They can be purchased from Toyotapart.com:
http://toyota-parts.toyotapart.com/s...switch&x=0&y=0
But you still need to get the harness for it...
You can buy the switch and harness at purefjcruiser.com:
http://www.purefjcruiser.com/fj-genu...ss-p-3820.html
Old 03-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #10
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
glad u got it working. wish i would hava eseen the wiring diagram to give u some insight when u were asking me
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgian View Post
I bought mine from a member here that was selling it, ihadmail.
They can be purchased from Toyotapart.com:
http://toyota-parts.toyotapart.com/s...switch&x=0&y=0
But you still need to get the harness for it...
You can buy the switch and harness at purefjcruiser.com:
http://www.purefjcruiser.com/fj-genu...ss-p-3820.html
Thanks.

So if I wanted to hook up a set of lights to that switch how would I get the other end of the plug to be able to plug into the harness?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #12

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Thanks.

So if I wanted to hook up a set of lights to that switch how would I get the other end of the plug to be able to plug into the harness?
The only one I know for certain is the rigid harness. I do not pretend to be an electrical engineer, the only circuits I wired prior to this was to blow something up. I can take a crack at your question if you have the wiring diagram for your set of lights, but no promises. I normally destroy things rather than create.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #13
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So then integrating it into the FJ switch was a little nerve wracking, ended up calling my dad to double check as I didn't want to burn out the switch itself. Ended up being 1 to blue, 2 to black, 3 to red, 4 to blue again, 5 got connected to wire 4 of the adjacent fog light switch, 6 to wire 3 of fog light.
Have you verified that the switch dims with the rest of the other switches? Pin 6 should go to pin 2 of adjacent fog light switch.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #14

Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribe makaira View Post
Have you verified that the switch dims with the rest of the other switches? Pin 6 should go to pin 2 of adjacent fog light switch.
Dude, you just made me run outside and check. It does infact dim and brighten with the rheostat control at the same rate as the fog light switch. And now to hijack my own thread.... Do you bychance have a copy saved of your fog lights a'la Caribe hidden anywhere? I would really prefer your elegant solution to the one I am currently running/
Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #15

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only one I know for certain is the rigid harness. I do not pretend to be an electrical engineer, the only circuits I wired prior to this was to blow something up. I can take a crack at your question if you have the wiring diagram for your set of lights, but no promises. I normally destroy things rather than create.
Well most of the light I've been looking at are just +/- wires. I have no issue wiring them up to a standard switch. I like the fact that we can hijack a FJ switch and make it look stock.