Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lost half the lights inside interior help

Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Son of Most High
esizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esizzle777's Tacoma Gallery
Lost half the lights inside interior help

I tried cup holder mod earlier today and got it to work but then when I taped it up it stopped working. So i tried to reconnect wires with no success. After an hour of trying to get it to work I just decided to cut the green wire for the gear shift and recrimp with no luck again. What do you think could've gone wrong? Now I have no light for gear shift and half the lights on the radio went out as well
Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Son of Most High
esizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How can I fix?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Son of Most High

Forgive me for my stupidity but how do I do that? How would I know what I'm looking for?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
Son of Most High

Yes ac light works
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you puffed a fuse like these guys said^^^

If it stopped worked after you taped things up, there's your problem. Un tape and re do it so no wire touches.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
DR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
If you did blow a fuse then you'll need to find which one it is. Pull each one out and take a look at them... or if you have a meter then you can check them easier
The reason I ask about the AC is because I blew a fuse while messing with my shifter light power wire.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
Son of Most High

Where did you get the replacement fuse?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #12
Son of Most High

Thanks guys will try to figure out tomorrow
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #13
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
No offense, but if your asking how to check a fuse and where to buy replacement fuses, you probably should not have been attempting electrical wiring on your truck to begin with. I doubt any fuse would cause just partial dash lights to go out. Not trying to scare you, but it sounds like you have a bigger problem on your hands like a damaged circuit or dimmer switch.

Based on your responses in this thread, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend taking it to a professional. Good Luck!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #15
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
Just check the fuses first to be sure its not just an easy fix before going out and spending money on something that you can do. Partial dash lights could be possible since the AC lights and Tail lights are on the same fuse
Yeah, certainly possible its just a fuse, but the fact that OP does not know where his fuses are, how to check them, or where to even buy a replacement makes me skeptical that is it safe for him to make such a check on his own. What also scared me the most was when he said he "taped" the wires up... sure made it sound like he just cut and taped wires without using proper connectors. Coming from a highly experienced and certified mobile electronics technician, I am concerned that the lack of electrical knowledge by the OP will end up causing much more damage than what is already done. I have seen first hand what bad connections can do. And electrical fires will kill not only your car, but people inside them. Just my .02 though
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
DR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDR007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
DR007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Yeah, certainly possible its just a fuse, but the fact that OP does not know where his fuses are, how to check them, or where to even buy a replacement makes me skeptical that is it safe for him to make such a check on his own. What also scared me the most was when he said he "taped" the wires up... sure made it sound like he just cut and taped wires without using proper connectors. Coming from a highly experienced and certified mobile electronics technician, I am concerned that the lack of electrical knowledge by the OP will end up causing much more damage than what is already done. I have seen first hand what bad connections can do. And electrical fires will kill not only your car, but people inside them. Just my .02 though
I no doubt know what you are saying. I am certified electronics technician as well and I believe he should be able to check fuses himself. If he does have one blown then he can get assistance in repairing the wires that he has cut and spliced.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #17
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
I no doubt know what you are saying. I am certified electronics technician as well and I believe he should be able to check fuses himself. If he does have one blown then he can get assistance in repairing the wires that he has cut and spliced.
Hopefully thats the case. Its not hard and with a little assistance OP should be able to check and replace if need be I hope. No need to spend money on jsut a blown fuse. I just saw a bunch of red flags thats all. GL OP!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
Son of Most High

I'm happy to report that I successfully found the bad fuse and replaced it! Got my lights back in the radio! After that I tackled the shift gear wire that I cut, and again successfully fixed it and even completed the led in the cup holder mod I was trying to perform in the first place. Thanks everyone for all the knowledge and especially to Proforce who really inspired me to get this done. The whole "get a professional" speech was just what I needed!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #19
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by esizzle777 View Post
I'm happy to report that I successfully found the bad fuse and replaced it! Got my lights back in the radio! After that I tackled the shift gear wire that I cut, and again successfully fixed it and even completed the led in the cup holder mod I was trying to perform in the first place. Thanks everyone for all the knowledge and especially to Proforce who really inspired me to get this done. The whole "get a professional" speech was just what I needed!
:thumbup:
Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #20
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by esizzle777 View Post
:thumbup: