Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Spot or Flood for Aux Reverse Lights

Old 03-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Spot or Flood for Aux Reverse Lights

I'm thinking of getting something like these http://jasperoffroad.com/index.php/led-lighting/small-led-pods/6-slim-18w-led-pod.html
for extra reverse lights. I have a camper shell with tinted glass and I can't see out the back all that well at night. These seem pretty bright and low profile so I can mount one on either side of my trailer hitch.

Which would work better - Spot of Flood? Or one of each? Now that I'm writing my question I'm thinking one of each.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go flood for reverse lights. No need to see 100' behind you while backing up but 30' behind you and wide would be nice, at least that's my $0.02.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
flood.....spot would light up a small area and give u distance but sacrifice spread...ur not backing up at 65mph so I would fully weigh on the flood/fog pattern.

Having the surrounding area illuminated is much more important than whats a block away when ur backing up at a low speed.

Im with Fuggles on this one