LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Off road lights placement configuration ??

Old 03-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
betsydestroyer is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
betsydestroyer's Tacoma Gallery
Off road lights placement configuration ??

Hey guys
I just ordered a bull bar, headach rack and 6 130w halogens 2driving and 4 long range For my taco. Other the the amperage issue I'm going to have to deal with ( I'm already running 2amps for my stereo). What config should I use I'm thinking maybe 2long range on bull bar and 2 long range in the middle of rack with the driving lights on either side. Is that going to work out ? What do you guys think?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
Bump
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
09DBLCAB09 is on a distinguished road
09DBLCAB09's Tacoma Gallery
1: convert to HID for lower power consumption
2: spots up top, floods down low

Aim the spots for distance and use the floods in front to cover the area in front of your truck
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
You can't fix stupid
Drew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Drew
Drew5387's Tacoma Gallery
I would do exactly what the guy before me said
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
dayum, six 130's? I got four 130's and they're dammed bright, you ain't screwing around are ya?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of lights/bars did you get? For placement, spots up top and driving lights on your bull bar as mentioned. I have a Westin bull bar on my truck with 2 longrange 130w slimlites mounted there. It works but I would have more useable light if they were mounted up top. I'm thinking of getting a Headrack, like a back rack but a little more friendly for light mounting. Canadian based company too out of Thunder Bay.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
Thanks for the help guys that's how il run em. I just put the back rack on and it looks good lights will go up tomorrow
Ronn I got all kc daylighters 130w and am getting the Weston bar soon hopefully tomorrow it's in. How so you like yours?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by betsydestroyer View Post
Thanks for the help guys that's how il run em. I just put the back rack on and it looks good lights will go up tomorrow
Ronn I got all kc daylighters 130w and am getting the Weston bar soon hopefully tomorrow it's in. How so you like yours?
Post some pics dude, I wanna see em!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
Will do once there up! I'm getting pumped I just got the backtrack on and now it's raining so il hopefully have em on tomorrow! How do you like yours?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
Quote:
Will do once there up! I'm getting pumped I just got the backtrack on and now it's raining so il hopefully have em on tomorrow! How do you like yours?
Well 520 watts coming out of the front grill ain't no joke I'll tell ya that, I like em, suppose I could HID those suckers but hell, I'll do that if I realize I have to, I can see miles down the road, I can't outrun them, if I light up an A-hole in front of me, I can see his thoughts. I don't think I need to change them, they do every thing I need.
How are you running the wire and what gauge are you using? Three relays right?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #11
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
I'm happy with them, they have a good fit and finish and also have some pretty good light output and reach out pretty far. The only issues I have had is with rust. I bought them back in 08 and have been back 3 times for warranty. KC has been good everytime but it is a 1 month turnaround from arizona. Post some pictures when you get yours installed.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Well 520 watts coming out of the front grill ain't no joke I'll tell ya that, I like em, suppose I could HID those suckers but hell, I'll do that if I realize I have to, I can see miles down the road, I can't outrun them, if I light up an A-hole in front of me, I can see his thoughts. I don't think I need to change them, they do every thing I need.
How are you running the wire and what gauge are you using? Three relays right?
I can see his thoughts haha Ya the lights came with wiring harnesses with relays and fuses those should work right?
You notice any issues with the lights drawing too much amps or power ?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
Quote:
I can see his thoughts haha Ya the lights came with wiring harnesses with relays and fuses those should work right?
You notice any issues with the lights drawing too much amps or power ?
Do you have the tow package?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
Nope so I don't have the bigger alt. Hopefully I don't run into crazy issues and can get away with just a battery upgrade unless I can get a diff alternator
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #15
Quote:
Nope so I don't have the bigger alt. Hopefully I don't run into crazy issues and can get away with just a battery upgrade unless I can get a diff alternator
Hmm, you may be running it pretty close to the limit, from what I have been told, drawing close to the limit of an alternator a lot will shorten it's lifespan, how much IDK.
Heck, guess you find out soon enough eh?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #16
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
A 130 watt light running say at 14 volts max will net you around 9 amps. So in your case 54 amps total. I have the SR5 with upgraded alt, and no tow package... check your options it should say on the window sticker if you still have it.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
Yes sir I will find out. And I also have sr5 maybe mine is upgraded il have to look
Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #18
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Word to the wise- pay attention to the maxing out your alternator-
I've gone through four alternators prematurely on my last two trucks and couldn't figure out why
Until I remembered the two 12" subs I had and dual amps and the typical high school habit of thinking loud music all the time was super cool

On the other hand
How often are you REALLY gonna use the lights? And for how long at a time? Typical night runs will go a few hours sure but they're few and far between enough to just say abuse the alternator occasionally.

I got my hands on five 55w HIDs for a steal so I won't have your problem
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
Hey guys sorry for the long delay but I got the lights up and running on Sunday they look great and are super bright il post pics ASAP if anyone is still interested

Products Discussed in this Thread