Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

I'm Torn

Old 02-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb I'm Torn

I'm trying to decide on what lights to get for my lightbar.. I'm torn between two choices or a combo of choices.
So some input from you guys is needed here and thanks beforehand!

1. Lightforce 270's with filters
2. PIAA 520 series - crystal ion fog and 580 driving lights
3. Put em both together??

Okay, I want a combination of fogs and aux lighting. That is the goal at hand.

So.. what do you think
I've been looking at the SierraExpeditions site and pricing 'em out. The choices are somewhat similar in price. The Lightforce do not come with a wiring kit but I don't care. I'll make my own.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I think the PIAAs look better but that is my opinion. I am ordering the 520 ATPs for my truck. Light Force are some very good lights and expensive.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
PIAA all the way. 520 SMR super white driving lights & 510 ion crystal fog lights.

they bring the daylight
Holy daylight!! That looks great! Any issues with current draw? Is your battery holding up ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Lightforce. Those things are bulletproof! If they would fit in the holes in my bumper I'd have a set. Smallest ones they make are about 5.5" in diameter. The PIAA 510's are 4".

Try this with the PIAA's.
I'll have to watch when I get home. Thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
hit up this GB and get a pair of HID offroad lights!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...2-24-09-a.html
Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Holy daylight!! That looks great! Any issues with current draw? Is your battery holding up ok?
all is good with the battery and current draw. I dont every run the lights for long when the truck is not running though.