Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM on Ebay

Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM on Ebay

Anyone ever bought any of these off ebay? Just wondering if they'd be any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2011-To...254c0f&vxp=mtr

I'm skeered to do mine so this seems like a good option since I'd still have the originals to put back in if needed. Any downside to these?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
theyll probably fog up, so seal them up before putting them in just to be safe. Mine fogged up and I had to remove and reseal them.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRed06 View Post
theyll probably fog up, so seal them up before putting them in just to be safe. Mine fogged up and I had to remove and reseal them.
That's partially why I'm afraid to do mine.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
MassAppeal16 is on a distinguished road
MassAppeal16's Tacoma Gallery
Think I am going to pull the trigger. I figure for $100 it is worth a shot, especially if i dont have to put my own lights in the oven!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
I bought these they were good until they fogged up. I recommend you just do your own BHLM! Its really not that hard!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
huli467 is on a distinguished road

huli467's Tacoma Gallery
What causes them to fog up? Bad seal or cracks in the headlamp assembly? Just curious because I bought these before seeing this thread. I'll probably run some sealant just to be sure, but still curious as to what (humidity, rain, washing) primarily causes the "fogging". Thanks.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Low cost sealant is my guess. The oven thing....it's REALLY not as sketchy as it seems. Chances are way better that you take them out too soon rather than too late. You know you'll be sitting there like a hawk anyhow.

Save yourself some money and time (cause you're going to have to reseal those, no way around it) and do the bhlm in your kitchen. Afternoon well spent in my case.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
should be good. just reseal em.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #9
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine from ebay a couple of years ago. Never re-sealed them bc I was lazy. They've never fogged up.

I used to have cleared out headlight when I first got my truck (my chrome phaze - smh). Did the oven thing and sealed them up good, and THOSE actually fogged up on me. lol go figure
Old 04-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the same ones from the same seller (except all clear) and they fogged after 1st washing. I was pissed. I dryed them out and put more sealer (a shitlod of sealer) all the way around the bastard and it still fogs!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
big red taco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
big red taco's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a pair of ebay myself because i did not want to take any chases on my only pair of headlights and yes mine are still fogged. Once they became fogged it has never went away and no i have not tried to re-seal or anything like that
Old 04-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #12
Snow.White.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Snow.White.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Guess everyone has different experiences. I bought a pair, they are GARBAGE. Still haven't been able to aim them even close to where stock headlights are at. It's like I'm constantly driving around with my brights on. They fog up every time I wash my truck even after resealing them. Not recommended!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
FOX HOUND
Aeon is on a distinguished road

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huli467 View Post
What causes them to fog up? Bad seal or cracks in the headlamp assembly? Just curious because I bought these before seeing this thread. I'll probably run some sealant just to be sure, but still curious as to what (humidity, rain, washing) primarily causes the "fogging". Thanks.
What do you recommend to seal ebay headlight?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
FOX HOUND

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking use plasti dip : clear color to seal them
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
tacowagon is on a distinguished road

tacowagon's Tacoma Gallery
I just sent one back today. The driver's side is well sealed and does not leak. Although it is aiming at the sky. Slight adjustment of the reflector, and it's better.

The passenger side is another story. Looks like the top clip never seated. At least that's where I see water coming in. After a few emails, they are sending me another, once they receive this one. Purchased from eaglemotorsport on fleabay and they have pretty good customer service. If it leaks, send it back.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #16
FOX HOUND

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
WoW
Old 04-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
FOX HOUND

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
after see this pics , maybe use caulking
Old 04-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
TastyTaco will become famous soon enoughTastyTaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
TastyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought those same ones but made some modifications to them. I would not buy these for anything else but a retrofit.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I love the all clears I got off EBAY but i guess i will try to cook them and open them up then seal the living shit out of them. If that doesn't work then my baseball bat will relieve my tension.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #20
Johnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Johnsredline's Tacoma Gallery
I bought them and had some issues with fogging. Easily fixed though, its a combination of things, one is they dont use enough sealent so definatley bake them and add more sealent, or run a bead of silicone along the edge on the outside. But I found on my headlights the most water enters from the small screws on the backside of the headlights, the small screws along the edge. They leak a ton of water. So i just smeared sealent over the head of the screws once i re sealed them.

If you dont mind spending 20-30 minutes re sealing, they are definatley worth the 100 bucks. Much cheaper then buying new oems.