Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light Anti-Theft - How are you protecting your HIDs?

View Poll Results: What is the best light lock method?
PIAA Locks 0 0%
Light Force Locks 1 100.00%
Tack Weld 0 0%
Thread locker (Loc-Tite etc.) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Question Light Anti-Theft - How are you protecting your HIDs?

So I just purchased some Rugged Ridge red ring HID lights that bolt onto the bumper. Retailing at around $200 a light, I would hate for them to get stolen so I'm thinking about investing in some light locks.

Which of these from the links below is a better lock? What locks do you use or what better methods are there to prevent light theft?

PIAA

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/la...0115_4829.aspx

Light Force

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orus...dproduct=15235

I've searched other threads but I still want more opinions and other ideas so let's get a poll going.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Subd

Where do you get these & how do you use them? I like this idea.
There's a few different off road sites that offer these depending on the thread size your lights have. Mine are 10mm threads and I know that KC lights use 1/2" threads. The locks just replace the standard nut and they lock with a special key that's included. Just google "10mm light locks" or "1/2 light locks" depending on your thread size. KC and Light Force locks are around $30 and the PIAA ones are more expensive at around $40.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sub.