Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light Anti-Theft - How are you protecting your HIDs?

View Poll Results: What is the best light lock method?
PIAA Locks 0 0%
Light Force Locks 1 100.00%
Tack Weld 0 0%
Thread locker (Loc-Tite etc.) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Question Light Anti-Theft - How are you protecting your HIDs?

So I just purchased some Rugged Ridge red ring HID lights that bolt onto the bumper. Retailing at around $200 a light, I would hate for them to get stolen so I'm thinking about investing in some light locks.

Which of these from the links below is a better lock? What locks do you use or what better methods are there to prevent light theft?

PIAA

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/la...0115_4829.aspx

Light Force

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orus...dproduct=15235

I've searched other threads but I still want more opinions and other ideas so let's get a poll going.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Subd

Where do you get these & how do you use them? I like this idea.
There's a few different off road sites that offer these depending on the thread size your lights have. Mine are 10mm threads and I know that KC lights use 1/2" threads. The locks just replace the standard nut and they lock with a special key that's included. Just google "10mm light locks" or "1/2 light locks" depending on your thread size. KC and Light Force locks are around $30 and the PIAA ones are more expensive at around $40.