Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Ideas on Headlights for 2nd Gen. Tacoma

Old 03-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
TacomaThomas28 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dustin
TacomaThomas28's Tacoma Gallery
Ideas on Headlights for 2nd Gen. Tacoma

.... So I've been looking for some ways to really spice up my Tacoma an make it stand out a bit. I see abunch of Tacoma's like mine everyday in town, and they're all pretty much the same, and it gets kinda boring after a while seeing just about the same features on each one. I'm country, and I don't wanna put something on that's too "city" so to say. Haha. Anyways, I was thinking about putting in some new headlights for my Super White 06 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, and I'm having a little trouble deciding which kind to get and where to find some at. I'm looking for something cool, with a nice brightness to it during the day and night, and within the $100-$145.00 dollar range. I also don't know a whole lot about lighting and stuff, so if someone help me out and explain the mods or whatever, I'd really appreciate it.

- I really like something like this so far, but idk if they are any good or not.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Pic don't work, do a projector retrofit.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
mloco575 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mloco575's Tacoma Gallery
Here are my new Anzo projector headlights
Ideas on Headlights for 2nd Gen. Tacoma-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363359965.150704.jpg
Ideas on Headlights for 2nd Gen. Tacoma-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363360002.936899.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Ideas on Headlights for 2nd Gen. Tacoma-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363359900.921654.jpg  
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
x2. Don't waste your money on aftermarket headlight assemblies, a retrofit will look great and give you excellent light output.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Buy the blacked out stock looking headlights off eBay. Then save the factory headlights as a foundation to build a projector retrofit. You will get the looks till you can have improved looks AND function. All other after market headlight assemblies will provide WORSE illumination... even if they look cool.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
mloco575 is on a distinguished road

mloco575's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Buy the blacked out stock looking headlights off eBay. Then save the factory headlights as a foundation to build a projector retrofit. You will get the looks till you can have improved looks AND function. All other after market headlight assemblies will provide WORSE illumination... even if they look cool.
I find that false my after market projectors work great... You get what you pay for....
Old 03-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mloco575 View Post
I find that false my after market projectors work great... You get what you pay for....
You must have gotten the only set that actually improves lighting then because it's pretty unamimous that they are worse than stock. Sorry but the lights you have, you only buy them for looks. If you want performance, go to The Retrofit Source and throw a better projector in your stock lights. You do get what you pay for
Old 03-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pics of said projectors?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ebay projectors?

Old 03-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #12
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
or get these

PIAA Extreme White Plus Bulbs 65 bucks 1 year warranty. bright AF. dont even need high beams but the pic is with highs and fogs
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
No way dude you want eBay projectors with diem halos111!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
No way dude you want eBay projectors with diem halos111!!!

what ones do you have ? pics? what are they called
Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #15
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
what ones do you have ? pics? what are they called
Dude... he's being facetious.
That pattern looks like shit... and is what you get out of eBay projectors, particularly Spyders.

THIS is a proper D2S projector retrofit in stock housings:

Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #16

I can't get my picture to work, but I was thinking about getting some Halo Projector Headlights BLK, but idk how good the quality light they are. They certainly look awesome though. What do ya'll think? Great pics btw to all of ya'll, & very nice trucks too!!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Dude... he's being facetious.
That pattern looks like shit... and is what you get out of eBay projectors, particularly Spyders.

THIS is a proper D2S projector retrofit in stock housings:

i want the monimorno retro fit kit. but i dont know how to mount them. they are asking 400 for them on ebay whole new lights. though maybe
Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaThomas28 View Post
I can't get my picture to work, but I was thinking about getting some Halo Projector Headlights BLK, but idk how good the quality light they are. They certainly look awesome though. What do ya'll think? Great pics btw to all of ya'll, & very nice trucks too!!
If all you want is a certain look, go for it. If you're doing it and expecting them to have better light output, don't.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
i want the monimorno retro fit kit. but i dont know how to mount them. they are asking 400 for them on ebay whole new lights. though maybe
It's really easy, bake the lights to pull the lens off the backing, then mounting the projectors is very simple. They insert into the reflector bowl and are secured there with a locking nut. Put them on the truck for a test fit to make sure they're aligned rotationally, put the lens back on the light and that's it. It can be done in under a day.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #20

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If all you want is a certain look, go for it. If you're doing it and expecting them to have better light output, don't.
-------------------------------- Well I wanna have something cool, but with good lighting as well you know. No sense in spending money for something that's just gonna "look good" and not shine even better. That's the tricky part.