Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

where should i put these lights

Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
where should i put these lights

buddy of mine offered me these lights

If I take them where should i put them? I was thinking maybe putting them in the lower grill 1 on each side of the plate?

IDK what do you guys think? If I would put them in the lower grill how would i do it?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
In the lower valence would work, I would probably mount them on the bed rails facing backwards and use them as reverse lights.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fam...kets-leds.html.

But they'd probably be better fitted into the lower valence.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #6

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
you should mount them on my roofrack
Funny guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fam...kets-leds.html.

But they'd probably be better fitted into the lower valence.
I want to put them in the lower valence but i think it might look silly.

Don't know what to do. Is it possible to put them behind the stock grill?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus 524 View Post
Funny guy.

I want to put them in the lower valence but i think it might look silly.

Don't know what to do. Is it possible to put them behind the stock grill?
I guess it would be possible but that stock grill is gonna block some of the light no matter what you do, IMO probably the lower valance would be a good spot
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #9

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
They look good in the lower valence. Heres my truck.
That does look good! I wonder if there is a way to mount them behind the lower grill mesh instead of cutting spots for them?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #10
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That does look good! I wonder if there is a way to mount them behind the lower grill mesh instead of cutting spots for them?
Probably, I would think that could be done, the trick will be to get them to sit just in the right spots and mounting them well enough so they don't jiggle while you drive with them on (it's really annoying).
Old 03-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #11

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Probably, I would think that could be done, the trick will be to get them to sit just in the right spots and mounting them well enough so they don't jiggle while you drive with them on (it's really annoying).
Thanks for that bit of info I never really thought about the lights bouncing.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What mesh are you talking about? I had custom mounts made they aren't fastened to any plastic so they don't jiggle. Other people also bolt it to the aluminum aux crossmember/crush thing.
I only cut out one section on each side big enough for the light to fit in. And you can hardly even tell they have been cut with the lights out.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Idk if his lights are the same as mine but they dont jiggle and besides if they did you wouldn't be able to tell. They are so bright and light up everything.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #14

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What mesh are you talking about? I had custom mounts made they aren't fastened to any plastic so they don't jiggle. Other people also bolt it to the aluminum aux crossmember/crush thing.
I only cut out one section on each side big enough for the light to fit in. And you can hardly even tell they have been cut with the lights out.
Quote:
Idk if his lights are the same as mine but they dont jiggle and besides if they did you wouldn't be able to tell. They are so bright and light up everything.
Found this truck on a different thread, see how the lights are behind that black plastic, i want to do what he did with his lights. I am just not to sure how.
Attached Thumbnails
where should i put these lights-2012-06-17-19.54.01.jpg   where should i put these lights-2012-06-17-19.54.17.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #15
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Most who put them behind the lower mesh mount them on the OEM crushbar. I believe they just drill some holes (pretty thin aluminum) into and mount them with bolts.

Edit - Look at this guy's mount. He put a strip of aluminum mounted onto the back of the crushbar. He is using a LED lightbar, but you get the idea.

Matt
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #16

IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Found this truck on a different thread, see how the lights are behind that black plastic, i want to do what he did with his lights. I am just not to sure how.
I can almost guarantee that they are mounted to the aluminum crush thing. They are just set back a bit behind the plastic part. I would think that it may block some light output. Hence the reason I cut the plastic and put them as far forward as I could.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #17

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Most who put them behind the lower mesh mount them on the OEM crushbar. I believe they just drill some holes (pretty thin aluminum) into and mount them with bolts.

Edit - Look at this guy's mount. He put a strip of aluminum mounted onto the back of the crushbar. He is using a LED lightbar, but you get the idea.

Matt
Quote:
I can almost guarantee that they are mounted to the aluminum crush thing. They are just set back a bit behind the plastic part. I would think that it may block some light output. Hence the reason I cut the plastic and put them as far forward as I could.

Thanks for the info guys. I think will put those lights in the lower valence sometime. Thanks again