Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

OEM fog light switch bulb out?

Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
kellen.kellen is on a distinguished road

kellen.kellen's Tacoma Gallery
OEM fog light switch bulb out?

My fog light switch no longer illuminates with the rest of my dash.

Does anyone know if the the little incandescent bulb in the 2nd gen fog light is replaceable, or is it possibly tied to a fuse in the fuse box or anywhere else. ( i checked the fuse box and all were good).

Or am i just going to shell out 50 or 60 bucks for new one?
Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
its indeed replaceable....pop out the switch, and I think 1 plastic screw/retainer holds in the bulb.

Mine was replaced when it died 3 months after I had the truck and it cost me nothing.

have u tried thumping the lower dash below the switches a little?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
its indeed replaceable....pop out the switch, and I think 1 plastic screw/retainer holds in the bulb.

Mine was replaced when it died 3 months after I had the truck and it cost me nothing.

have u tried thumping the lower dash below the switches a little?
x2. This is a bad picture but you can see the little brown circle, that is the bulb. It pops out with a flat head screw driver (just unscrew it and pop a new one in it's place).
Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Keep ur brown circle outta this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x2. This is a bad picture but you can see the little brown circle, that is the bulb. It pops out with a flat head screw driver (just unscrew it and pop a new one in it's place).
Old 11-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
Cpl. Punishment
Simpsoncop is on a distinguished road

Royal Canadian Mounted Police: GD Cpl.
Name: G.D.
Simpsoncop's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any tricks to "popping out" the fog lamp switch?