Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Turn signal Trouble

Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
collector69 is on a distinguished road
Name: Curt
collector69's Tacoma Gallery
Turn signal Trouble

Hello my left turn signal on my 2001 Toyota Tacoma works fine but my right works as follows sometimes it does not light on the panel and makes a very fast clicking sound, sometimes it lights on the panel at the normal speed. I haven't looked outside at the turn signals when I put the right signal on and I'm hoping it's a faulty bulb.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by collector69 View Post
Hello my left turn signal on my 2001 Toyota Tacoma works fine but my right works as follows sometimes it does not light on the panel and makes a very fast clicking sound, sometimes it lights on the panel at the normal speed. I haven't looked outside at the turn signals when I put the right signal on and I'm hoping it's a faulty bulb.
Like you said look at your bulbs when it acts up.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
collector69 is on a distinguished road
Name: Curt
collector69's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at the bulbs today when I put my right turn signal on and they don't light when it dosen't light on the inside and makes a fast clicking sound but they do light when I pull the lever towards me and then push it up in other words I can force the turn signal on will this cause me to fail an inspection? I was hoping it was a bulb but that dosen't seem to be the case.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by collector69 View Post
I looked at the bulbs today when I put my right turn signal on and they don't light when it dosen't light on the inside and makes a fast clicking sound but they do light when I pull the lever towards me and then push it up in other words I can force the turn signal on will this cause me to fail an inspection? I was hoping it was a bulb but that dosen't seem to be the case.
yes you will fail.

you can try getting a couple of bulbs anyway. Have seen wierd stuff with shorted bulbs. Or be real cheap and swap bulbs from the other side.
Do you have an aftermarket trailer wiring setup ?
are the bulbs lighting on that side only when you FORCE IT ???
Need to eliminate easy things first.