Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Which retrofit?

Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
boltstaco is on a distinguished road

Name: eric
boltstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Which retrofit?

Finally sourced some used oem headlights and now i need help on which kit? I know i want 50w kit but which. Either fx-r stg3 or morimoto mini d2s? i know fxr has better performanmce at least i assume, but how much better? And from what i read it seems its easier to do the morimoto mini d2s and it is cheaper. Just need ur opinions for those running those kits.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I was thinking 50W when I started my retrofit journey, but was talked out of it. Not a huge increase in light, but a large increase in issues w/ melting.

Just something to think about.
I am looking and had the same thoughts as OP...

After researching, I found that you can go for a 35w with a good bulb and get more light...here is what I'm planning along with BHLM. Right now I'm stuck to see how I want to do my BHLM...paint the bowls, or leave black...

Kit: FX-R Stage 3
Ballasts: Morimoto 3Five
Bulbs: Osram D2S CBI 5000k
Halos: None
Shrouds: Apollo