LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth

Old 03-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
Johnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to all

Johnny E's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth

I had to have something that I couldn't find, so I made it

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-full-frontal.jpg

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-front-45.jpg

Every light bar I saw was either to much or not enough. I wanted stealth and something solid. Everything I saw behind the grill used the rad moounts which are rubber and I can handle no bouncy lights. This fits the 2012's and up, the grill supports etc are very different previously Check out the build pics, click for larger

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-compound-angle.jpg
This compound angle is important so you dont stress the grill support. It also provides the stability.

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-midway-fab.jpg
About 1/2 way thru fab, 5/8" nuts are welded inside the tower caps to attach the light tabs

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-ready-paint.jpg
All welded up and ground down ready for paint. its hanging by the center mounting point, key again to the stability of the bar.

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-painted-assembled.jpg
Ready to install, just remove the light mounts

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-drivers-center-mount.jpg
Here you can see this bar driver side mounting point on the grill support and the central tab mount

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-passanger-sside-mounting.jpg
Passenger side mounting

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-no-lights.jpg
Light tabs reinstalled

Custom Light Bar, Ultra Stealth-light-mounting-bar.jpg
This shows how the light tabs come thru the grill. By mounting the PIAA 4" ATPs' with the studs horizontal you need to run a ratchet and extension out from behind the grill to mess with them. Super clean and a bit of security. You do need to bevel the stud head for clearence but thats easy at this point!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I have been wanting to build a bar identical to this for a year for my 06. Couldn't find a good enough pointing point, or I got lazy and didn't look hard enough. If you decide to make more, and adapt it for a 06 front end, PM me.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Johnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to all

I would need a truck to work on. I recall seeing pics in the site and all the grill support was very different.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #4

BETTER PIC
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
wade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
Name: Ross
wade9986's Tacoma Gallery
These are awesome! I would buy one for my 08.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work. Looks great!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
wade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
Name: Ross
wade9986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I have been wanting to build a bar identical to this for a year for my 06. Couldn't find a good enough pointing point, or I got lazy and didn't look hard enough. If you decide to make more, and adapt it for a 06 front end, PM me.
I second that. Let me know if you start building them for 05-11 models.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade9986 View Post
I second that. Let me know if you start building them for 05-11 models.
I would build one myself but I just don't have the time anymore.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #9
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
I need one of these for my '11! great work
Old 03-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
sidetracked will become famous soon enoughsidetracked will become famous soon enough

sidetracked's Tacoma Gallery
That's really clean, nice work!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #11

Thx for the pat on the back guys. I have tracked down a 2010 within my circle of friends, now to see if he wants to be the test rig
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny E View Post
Thx for the pat on the back guys. I have tracked down a 2010 within my circle of friends, now to see if he wants to be the test rig
And after you're done fabricating one for the '10 grill, you can work on a '11 grille