1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anyone done the BHLM with Dupli-Color Shadow Chrome Black-Out Coating ?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by KJaikaran, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mar 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    Been looking for another set of OEM headlights that came with the black chrome/gunmetal looking bezel (have no idea what to call that color, they came factory on my 2011 sport) for a retro project. I have done the BHLM on a set already, but ended up switching back to my OEM lights with the darkened bezel, because i didn't like how much the black headlights stood out on the silver truck (think it look awesome on white trucks though). I am looking for a way to take a regular set of OEM chrome lights since its not as easy to find the other ones and give it the the look of the OEM black bezel.Trying to keep more of an OEM look with the retro, but i hate just regular chrome.

These are the OEM headlights i currently have just in case anyone was wondering what i was talking about with the black chrome/gunmetal looking bezel.
    [​IMG]

I have looked at a few different color options and i came across this:
    Dupli-Color Shadow Chrome Black-Out Coating
    [​IMG]

Looked for some pics of them being used in headlights, but didn't find a whole lot. Found them on more wheels than anything else.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just wondering if anyone has used this, and how close would you say it comes to the looks of the OEM color.

2. Mar 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    KJaikaran

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    I don't want to use my current headlights for the retro because of down time, and not having to worry about it if any issues came up with installing the FX-R projector, and o would prefer to have a back us set of headlights. You never know.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  3. Mar 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    ive always wondered the same thing about anybody using this also, just never bothered asking.

4. Mar 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    KJaikaran

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    I was a actually debating if i should even bother asking. Probably would have came across it by now. Hope someone has some input on it though.

Products Discussed in

To Top