Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Has anyone done the BHLM with Dupli-Color Shadow Chrome Black-Out Coating ?

Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone done the BHLM with Dupli-Color Shadow Chrome Black-Out Coating ?

Been looking for another set of OEM headlights that came with the black chrome/gunmetal looking bezel (have no idea what to call that color, they came factory on my 2011 sport) for a retro project. I have done the BHLM on a set already, but ended up switching back to my OEM lights with the darkened bezel, because i didn't like how much the black headlights stood out on the silver truck (think it look awesome on white trucks though). I am looking for a way to take a regular set of OEM chrome lights since its not as easy to find the other ones and give it the the look of the OEM black bezel.Trying to keep more of an OEM look with the retro, but i hate just regular chrome.

These are the OEM headlights i currently have just in case anyone was wondering what i was talking about with the black chrome/gunmetal looking bezel.

I have looked at a few different color options and i came across this:
Dupli-Color Shadow Chrome Black-Out Coating

Looked for some pics of them being used in headlights, but didn't find a whole lot. Found them on more wheels than anything else.

Just wondering if anyone has used this, and how close would you say it comes to the looks of the OEM color.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
I don't want to use my current headlights for the retro because of down time, and not having to worry about it if any issues came up with installing the FX-R projector, and o would prefer to have a back us set of headlights. You never know.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
ive always wondered the same thing about anybody using this also, just never bothered asking.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
ive always wondered the same thing about anybody using this also, just never bothered asking.
I was a actually debating if i should even bother asking. Probably would have came across it by now. Hope someone has some input on it though.