Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID bulb does not fit

Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Jbowl is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
Jbowl's Tacoma Gallery
HID bulb does not fit

i have a 2010 tacoma and just received my H10 HID kit and tried to install. I can not twist the bulb to lock it into place. the tabs match up. anyone else have this problem? if so what did you do?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming your talking about your fog lights?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Jbowl's Tacoma Gallery
yes i am.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbowl View Post
yes i am.
Okay they can be a pain sometimes and mine were extremely hard to twist on as well. You have to keep trying and you will get it. Push in as hard as you can and twist. You might even want to take off the fog light housing that way its a little easier to see and work on.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Jbowl's Tacoma Gallery
okay i will try again. and hopefully i have better luck this time. thanks.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbowl View Post
okay i will try again. and hopefully i have better luck this time. thanks.
Did you get them to fit?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
mine were the same way; EXTREMELY tight fit, but they'll twist in all the way. It'll make things a lot easier if you go ahead and pop the fog light out of the bumper; it's only held in on the sides with two pressure clips, you can reach right in behind them and pop them out in a matter of seconds
Old 04-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Here's something to point out that happened to me with the same issue

Looking at the pic the old one is on the left and the new on is on the right.
The new one has a WAY bigger o-ring which made it seem impossible to fit. So I switched out the new with the old and it pretty much slid in no problem lol
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
Jbowl's Tacoma Gallery
I got them to fit . It wasn't easy but I got it. An damn they look good!! DDM 5000k headlights and fogs. Next journey is parkng, blinkers, back up, license plate lights and eventually all interior. Thanks everyone for your input.