Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Sylvania SilverStar lights are pure crap

Old 04-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
check the PDF on that site I linked and they give you lumens and expected life on hours.

not some guess like the Silverfarts.

found the pic.... guess what bulb is brand new SS and what bulb is an old Narva

Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #22
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
I've installed Sylvania Xtravisions which are brighter than stock and light up the sides more. No issues after two years.
These are the ones I put in. O'Riley auto parts returned the old ones and gave me the difference in price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Silverstars are pure junk IMO. I couldn't even tell you how many I blew out + they aren't even that bright.

Narva or Osram for the win. Same pricing if not less money, they last longer, and are much brighter. I have pics somewhere comparing them, but can't find them. Narva Rangepower 50's give off way more Lumens. Any bulb not willing to provide the lumen output while telling you they are "50% brighter" is a sham. You have no way to compare bulbs besides lumens. If they don't provide it they are a shitty bulb/company IMO.

http://store.candlepower.com/h4hb29003bulbs.html
I think I will just do an HID retrofit later this year. That will take care of these issues.