Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Retrofit Problem - High Beams Only???

Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Retrofit Problem - High Beams Only???

I just finished the retrofit with FX-R Retrofit projectors. I take them out to the truck and for some strange reason, I dont have "Low" beams, only "High" beams. I thought the lights are always on and a little cover inside the projector moves up allowing more light for the high beams. So not having any lights when the low beams is switched on and high beams switched off is very strange to me.

Also I plugged the "Projector" label wires from the harness into the two wires coming out of the projector itself and that dosent do anything (make a sound or anything) when I go from low to high.

These two issues are happening to "Both" my projectors

* I hooked up the old bulb to the three prong OEM connection (that I had plugged into the Retrofit as the installation guide said) and the low and high beams work fine.
** I checked and double checked all fuses and all are fine
*** Before someone asks, I did make sure the Low Beam switch was turned on via the switch in the truck.... LOL

Any ideas?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry................ ive been outta the game for a ffew years, but id trust anything the boys at trs say, they have great customer support and have been great to us here and other forums. They have gone above and beyond in my personal experience when usps basically drove over a set of fxr's I shipped to AsianAnts a looong time ago.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I vaugly remember solinode issues posted in the past.......but again, I've been outta the loop a while
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Sorry................ ive been outta the game for a ffew years, but id trust anything the boys at trs say, they have great customer support and have been great to us here and other forums. They have gone above and beyond in my personal experience when usps basically drove over a set of fxr's I shipped to AsianAnts a looong time ago.
Thanks. I do have 1 question (not related to this exact issue), but is there a way to adjust the side to side rotation (I just noticed that somehow my cutoff is a little angled like it goes up an inch every 2 feet) if they are already JB Welded and 4 bolts into the housing?
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
Thanks. I do have 1 question (not related to this exact issue), but is there a way to adjust the side to side rotation (I just noticed that somehow my cutoff is a little angled like it goes up an inch every 2 feet) if they are already JB Welded and 4 bolts into the housing?
Unfortunately not... once the rotational alugnment is set on a full size projector you're pretty much set there