1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Retrofit Problem - High Beams Only???

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by OmegaQuest, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Apr 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    OmegaQuest

OmegaQuest [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Limited Double Cab 4X4
    Oil Catch Can, Motorcycle Chock, WeatherTech Window Deflectors, Bilstein 5100, OEM 4 Leaf, Chrome Satoshi Grille, FX-R Stage III Retrofit, Color Match Head Light Mod, Front Hella 500 HID, Behind Grill Light Bar, Rear LED Bed Lights, Pop and Lock Tailgate, Chrome License Plate Covers, AFE Air Filter, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Paint engine cover (Red), ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Center Console Organizer, ScanGauge 2, Firestone W217602407 Ride-Rite Kit, Firestone WR17602178 Air-Rite Dual Electric Air Command
    I just finished the retrofit with FX-R Retrofit projectors. I take them out to the truck and for some strange reason, I dont have "Low" beams, only "High" beams. I thought the lights are always on and a little cover inside the projector moves up allowing more light for the high beams. So not having any lights when the low beams is switched on and high beams switched off is very strange to me.

Also I plugged the "Projector" label wires from the harness into the two wires coming out of the projector itself and that dosent do anything (make a sound or anything) when I go from low to high.

These two issues are happening to "Both" my projectors

* I hooked up the old bulb to the three prong OEM connection (that I had plugged into the Retrofit as the installation guide said) and the low and high beams work fine.
    ** I checked and double checked all fuses and all are fine
    *** Before someone asks, I did make sure the Low Beam switch was turned on via the switch in the truck.... LOL

Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  2. Apr 8, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    OmegaQuest

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Oil Catch Can, Motorcycle Chock, WeatherTech Window Deflectors, Bilstein 5100, OEM 4 Leaf, Chrome Satoshi Grille, FX-R Stage III Retrofit, Color Match Head Light Mod, Front Hella 500 HID, Behind Grill Light Bar, Rear LED Bed Lights, Pop and Lock Tailgate, Chrome License Plate Covers, AFE Air Filter, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Paint engine cover (Red), ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Center Console Organizer, ScanGauge 2, Firestone W217602407 Ride-Rite Kit, Firestone WR17602178 Air-Rite Dual Electric Air Command
    The Retrofit Tech Support said it sounds like the motor control board on the Retrofit is bad.

I wont be sure until I get another control board and test it out.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  3. Apr 8, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Sorry................ ive been outta the game for a ffew years, but id trust anything the boys at trs say, they have great customer support and have been great to us here and other forums. They have gone above and beyond in my personal experience when usps basically drove over a set of fxr's I shipped to AsianAnts a looong time ago.

4. Apr 8, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    I vaugly remember solinode issues posted in the past.......but again, I've been outta the loop a while

5. Apr 8, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    OmegaQuest

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. I do have 1 question (not related to this exact issue), but is there a way to adjust the side to side rotation (I just noticed that somehow my cutoff is a little angled like it goes up an inch every 2 feet) if they are already JB Welded and 4 bolts into the housing?

6. Apr 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Unfortunately not... once the rotational alugnment is set on a full size projector you're pretty much set there

7. Apr 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    OmegaQuest

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Thats what I though.

Thanks

8. Apr 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    OmegaQuest

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    It was the motor control board after all. All is working great now.

Products Discussed in

To Top