Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

20" LED Bar Measurements

Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
What Jeff needs it to determine the depth needed for the tabs from the inside of the bumper so we can place them accordingly so that the led bar sits slightly sub flush from the slot in the face of the bumper. He also needs to know the height from the mounting foot to the centerline of the light so that it sits centered vertically on the slot in the bumper. Left to right is adjustable, we'll put em about 16 apart and be good to go.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
I think he meant the light bar breaking, the bumper won't
Haha yea there's no way that thing is breaking.

PS guys...that bumper is pure sex
Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #23
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

this.

honestly dude safest bet is to wait til the light comes in and take it to ty ty.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #24
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yea I know I know...but then I gotta wait for tabs welded and paint!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Uhm...yea pretty much...the lower priced, faster shipped cheap Chinese lights...from KMD garage...yep
Haha oh ok. So you need someone with those lights to get you a measurement of the mounting system. If only you knew someone with one of those lights. Mounted on his truck right now. To bad i cant think of anyone
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
Yea...I can wait. BAM
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fuck it dude duct tape that bitch in there

Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #28
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Eh, prime it, mount it, when your lights come in we'll burn in the tabs then you can finish paint. The bumper comes on and off super easy since you won't have a winch to deal with, literally takes me about 3 minutes, of course I've done it a "few" times.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, I meant the light bar not being removable without pulling the bumper.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
fuck it dude duct tape that bitch in there

This. I think.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #31
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
No, I meant the light bar not being removable without pulling the bumper.
I figured, you actually can get to it from the back, not ideal but doable. This is why it's a good idea to use security hardware. Especially if you run a name brand light.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
This. I think.

YEEEEEEEEE
Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #33
Quote:
I figured, you actually can get to it from the back, not ideal but doable. This is why it's a good idea to use security hardware. Especially if you run a name brand light.
Yea I figured takin the grill off would make it way easier if I had to get in there and adjust something
Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #34
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
On the same note, I figured you wouldn't let a design out your door that didn't allow that

Security hardware...only in CA
Old 04-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #35
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
On the same note, I figured you wouldn't let a design out your door that didn't allow that

Security hardware...only in CA
Truth, gotta lock your stuff down, sucks. Too many people in this state gettin stuff for free, one way or another.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #36
Yup...gonna have to figure out some sort of locking system for all of my lights....was thinking a bunch of lock-tite lol
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #37

Easiest solution might just be to have it added to your insurance policy. At a value of a couple hundred bucks your premium would probably change by only a few dollars a year...
Old 04-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #38
Wait...my lights or the bumper lol?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #39

Either?

I'd like to see a thief trying to run while carrying the bumper.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #40
Haha well yea...these are cheap Chinese lights, so if someone snags them...I just get another one lol