Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

trick hidden LED bed light

Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
it looks stock, but with a little zest
zach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: zach
zach nunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to zach nunes
trick hidden LED bed light

I had some time on my hands and wanted to make a light for my bed, but I wanted to keep the clean look I have going so I mounted it inside the cab.

Started with a cluster led for the dome lite. It didn't match the map lights
so it was laying around waiting.

Used some CF scraps.

Finished box

All made

I cut out some of the tint so it can do its job better. Pretty bright considering its size. lights up most of the bed. happy with results.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
what happen to light on pic?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #5
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd. hmm would it be possible to just install it up on the head liner, and tuck that bracket up there for a cleaner/OEM-ish look?? and angle the LED cluster so it points down at the bed.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach nunes View Post
I had some time on my hands and wanted to make a light for my bed, but I wanted to keep the clean look I have going so I mounted it inside the cab.

Started with a cluster led for the dome lite. It didn't match the map lights
so it was laying around waiting.

Used some CF scraps.

Finished box

All made

I cut out some of the tint so it can do its job better. Pretty bright considering its size. lights up most of the bed. happy with results.
do ya have any pics showing it lighting up the bed????
Old 04-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
zach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just pounded these out
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
sub'd. hmm would it be possible to just install it up on the head liner, and tuck that bracket up there for a cleaner/OEM-ish look?? and angle the LED cluster so it points down at the bed.
Was looking into that but theres no real sturdy point and I was to afraid to pull my head liner down a little.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Was looking into that but theres no real sturdy point and I was to afraid to pull my head liner down a little.
still pretty cool idea though. now another choice of bed light mod. I was thinking of doing the LED strip like everyone else, but this seems a lot more simple. you should do a write up man.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #10
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

just pounded these out
nice job..