Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Brightest stock fog light bulb

Old 02-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Brightest stock fog light bulb

Looking for a brighter fog light bulb in my taco, what is the maximum wattage that i can put in before things go bad, just put in some silverstars and was not impressed, i no i can't get them as bright as the headlight but how bright can i go.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The bulb that would put out most light is an HID (kit, not just bulb). Stock wattage is 42, while the Silverstars are about 30 or so.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Get a pair of 65 watt bulbs in the 9005/HB3 size, they're not exactly the same as 9145/H10's, but they'll fit in the stock housings with a little bit of wiggling... waaaaaay brighter.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thanks guys, don't want to go hid, to many problems with cops in kali, if i put 65 watt bulbs in what will the problems be, melting the lens, wires, those are the things i don't want to happen. tacoco have you put those bulbs in.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, I got some 4000k halogens that I put in mine, and I haven't had any problems with them at all. I've got 6000k HID's for my headlights, and between the fogs and the headlights, they light up the road clear as day.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
cool, thanks for the info, now i will have to find the bulbs, places out kinda suck for stuff like that, internet here i come.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Aspiring wrench monkey

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
The bulbs that I used were Philips Crystal Vision Ultra 9005's. I got them at Napa... Can't remember how much they were to be honest. If you compare one of the 9005 bulbs to the 9145 bulbs, you'll see that one of the tabs is a little bit longer, but it'll still fit into the stock housing with a little bit of wiggling... You don't really need to force them in. They're technically for headlights, but I've never been flashed or bothered by cops.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
i will check out napa, thanks for the info bro.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
I have H10 for my fog light, does that tell you anything about it's intensity? I don't know much about light bulb. But I know my H10 is more than 30 Watt (I have to double check the containers it came with).