1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED dash cluster ideas

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Msilv25, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Apr 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    Msilv25

Msilv25 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charleston SC
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner SR5 Blacked out
    1 1/2" lift 4300k HID's
    I had an idea to customize my dash cluster with multi-color LED bulbs on my 2001 taco. I've done plenty of research but can't seem to find anyone who has taken the challenge of wiring multi-color LEDs. I found some information about wiring LEDs saying that all you need in a microcontroller and some multicolor LEDs but I don't know what complications there might be. I want to wire a switch that allows me to change the colors manually. Also, I know that there are 194 bulbs used for the speedometer and tac. These bulbs are wedge-based screw-in bulbs. I'm not very experiences with wiring so i wanted to know if there are any bulbs that would fit in the same spot but are able to be wired to something like a microcontroller? I'm sorry if my questions are stupid but on this subject, I'm not very knowledgeable. If anyone knows of any threads that address the same subject, feel free to point me in that direction.

Any and all input is welcome!

Matt.

Products Discussed in

To Top