Notices

LED dash cluster ideas

Old 04-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Msilv25 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Matt
Msilv25's Tacoma Gallery
LED dash cluster ideas

I had an idea to customize my dash cluster with multi-color LED bulbs on my 2001 taco. I've done plenty of research but can't seem to find anyone who has taken the challenge of wiring multi-color LEDs. I found some information about wiring LEDs saying that all you need in a microcontroller and some multicolor LEDs but I don't know what complications there might be. I want to wire a switch that allows me to change the colors manually. Also, I know that there are 194 bulbs used for the speedometer and tac. These bulbs are wedge-based screw-in bulbs. I'm not very experiences with wiring so i wanted to know if there are any bulbs that would fit in the same spot but are able to be wired to something like a microcontroller? I'm sorry if my questions are stupid but on this subject, I'm not very knowledgeable. If anyone knows of any threads that address the same subject, feel free to point me in that direction.

Any and all input is welcome!

Matt.