Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

AM switch with original fog light harness

Old 04-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
firetaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Fighting 18
Name: Sean
firetaco18's Tacoma Gallery
AM switch with original fog light harness

I have a '13 base with a wiring harness for fog lights. I put in the lights and a relay but I want to add an after market rocker switch that matches the others. The problem is that there are three prongs on the switch but four wires coming out of the harness. Has anyone added an AM switch to their stock wiring harness? I want to know what wires to hook up where or at least a link to know what each wire does.

Thanks a lot, when its all done I plan on positing pictures.

FYI for those who want to add fog lights, I used an after market set meant for a '07 camry and it fits like a glove.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
firetaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Fighting 18
Name: Sean
firetaco18's Tacoma Gallery
I believe I was able to answer my own question. There are four wires: green, green/white, blue, black/white. From what I found is:
Green= switch illumination
Green/white= ground for switch illumination
Blue= power out to the lights
black/white= ground

Can anyone confirm this or know anything different?