Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

tinted fog lights?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
tinted fog lights?

Last time I was at the tint shop some jetta was getting his fog lights 'tinted' yellow....

Does the tint go right on the outside of the light??

Anyone done this? OR ever heard of doing it?

ty
Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I think they go on the outside of the lens. Why not just get yellow bulbs?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I think they go on the outside of the lens. Why not just get yellow bulbs?
Whats the cost difference? Why would someone tint rather then replace bulb?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what the cost difference was, but maybe one likes the lens yellow without replacing the bulb, but I would rather have the bulb yellow than the lens yellow.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
6shooter has a spectacular aura about6shooter has a spectacular aura about
6shooter's Tacoma Gallery
yes, i've done mine two times.
once on my factory bumper:

and again on the piaa's once i put the allpro on:

i used 3M the first time, and lamin-x the second time. the lamin-x seems more durable, but they both worked well.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Same here. Lamin-x.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
where do you get lamin-x from?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
thank you very much!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
where do you get lamin-x from?
http://www.lamin-x.com/
Old 02-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #11
TheBlackPearl is on a distinguished road

TheBlackPearl's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3000k HID's in the fogs. The light shines bright yellow on the road but when you look at the fog light, it doesn't look as yellow (Looks like a regular halogen color). I want the actual foglight to appear yellow on my car (Similar to what you see on some of the Lexus cars). If I add a tint, will it block out a lot of my HID lighting?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPearl View Post
I have 3000k HID's in the fogs. The light shines bright yellow on the road but when you look at the fog light, it doesn't look as yellow (Looks like a regular halogen color). I want the actual foglight to appear yellow on my car (Similar to what you see on some of the Lexus cars). If I add a tint, will it block out a lot of my HID lighting?
Ummm, good question and if the guy that I bought the 3000K HID kit from sent the right parts I would have told you by now!!! I also have a 3000K HID kit waiting to be installed in my fogs and I also have the yellow lamin-x film over them.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Well just installed my 3000K HID lights in my fogs. It is friggin bright as heck! I think it might even be a little to bright!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
TheBlackPearl is on a distinguished road

TheBlackPearl's Tacoma Gallery
^Cool! Do you have any pics of them with the yellow tint? But yea, I do agree that they seem very bright (which is what I want).
Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
^Cool! Do you have any pics of them with the yellow tint? But yea, I do agree that they seem very bright (which is what I want).
Yeah just look in my profile pics.