Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Boost Gauge & Reverse Camera Wiring

Old 04-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Mauijuana is on a distinguished road
Mauijuana's Tacoma Gallery
Boost Gauge & Reverse Camera Wiring

I have a 2003 Tacoma / Double Cab / 3.4L..

I already have my boost gauge set up on the supercharger but I need help with the wiring for the gauge illumination. I would want it to dim with the gauges on the truck. I figured I would set it up at the dimmer. There's a green wire w/ a red stripe, a white wire w/ a black stripe and a white wire w/ a green stripe. Was wondering if it could be set up here and which wires to tap into.

I also have a reverse camera already mounted and set up to my DVD deck. It works perfectly fine, but I have to manually press a button for it to show on screen. There's a reverse camera wire mounted on the deck that will show whats on screen automatically behind me when in reverse. The only power source I can think of is all the way in the rear tail light assembly on the reverse light bulb circuit. I'm a fool for not wiring that reverse camera wire when I routed the cable for the camera!

Any other suggestions / help is much appreciated!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
it would be easier if you have a fog light switch or locker switch, just to tap into the wires that illuminate those since there should only be 4-5 wires.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
it would be easier if you have a fog light switch or locker switch, just to tap into the wires that illuminate those since there should only be 4-5 wires.
My truck is not equipped with fog lights
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauijuana View Post
My truck is not equipped with fog lights
thats right...1st gen my bad...
well any stock switch that illuminates at night??
Old 04-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
Quote:
thats right...1st gen my bad...
well any stock switch that illuminates at night??
As far as I know, the glove box and the cigarette tray lights up when the headlights are on.. Possible even the A/C controls too?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
Fuera culeros..

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauijuana View Post
As far as I know, the glove box and the cigarette tray lights up when the headlights are on.. Possible even the A/C controls too?
damn...then its either that or how you had mention thru the dimmer itself...
on the 2nd gen you can tap into any switch and get the power from there which will dim them too.

sorry man
Old 04-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
Quote:
damn...then its either that or how you had mention thru the dimmer itself...
on the 2nd gen you can tap into any switch and get the power from there which will dim them too.

sorry man
Thanks!!