Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Does anyone...?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
evespinoza is on a distinguished road
Name: Everett Espinoza
evespinoza's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone...?

Does anyone know the best kind of retrofit headlights would be best for a 2013 tacoma? I was looking on http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and I am not exactly sure what it is I am looking for.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Coulda swore you were going to finish with "...hate it when someone leads a thread title with half of a question, forcing me to click on it, only to find out that I know literally nothing about the subject matter inside the thread, thus leading me to reply with some dipshit joke that just trails on and on and never seems to end."

That's what I thought you were going to say.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Start by reading the stickies in the ligting section, heres a good one http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...0-hid-faq.html
And heres the threads in the lighting section
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/
I cant really answer your question but i know the fx-r's are one of the best, although they are alot harder to retrofit compared to others.

Also if you are going to order from trs get in on the group buy, there is some good info on the first post and probably some guys that will help you out in that thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...round-5-a.html

Oh ya... Search and make your god damn thread title more descriptive! Maybe guys that actually know how to answer your question would stop in here. Not trying to be a dick, jus saying
Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
You looked in the right place at TRS. How much patience you have will dictate which kit to get.

For a first time retrofit:
Easy--Mini D2S kit (Good light output, better than stock): Can be done in a day with some time for beers.

Harder--FXR kit (Better light output than the Mini): Set aside 2 days and you will need a helper.

Search around you'll find a lot of answers.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evespinoza View Post
Does anyone know the best kind of retrofit headlights would be best for a 2013 tacoma? I was looking on http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and I am not exactly sure what it is I am looking for.
Everyone's interpretation of "best" is different. For me, FX35 projectors, FX-R clear lens, Gatling Shrouds, Denso potted ballasts, Osram CBI bulbs. For you it may be different.

The above is the most reliable, fastest warming, whitest, brightest, most efficient combination that was of reasonable size I could come up with. Its also quite expensive due to all OEM parts. You can get all parts from TRS.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
You looked in the right place at TRS. How much patience and money you have will dictate which kit to get.

For a first time retrofit:
Easy--Mini D2S kit (Good light output, better than stock): Can be done in a day with some time for beers.

Harder--FXR kit (Better light output than the Mini): Set aside 2 days and you will need a helper.

Search around you'll find a lot of answers.
Edited my post, see above lol
Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat, know absolutely nothing about them but read they are a lot better than stock.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Morimoto Mini H1 or D2S, good price and take a relatively low skill level to install.

FX-R projectors are a little better but the install is a lot more involved.

You can upgrade the D2S or the H1 kits with better bulbs and come pretty close to the light output of the FX-R projectors. If you want to run a 55W HID kit, get the FX-Rs. The minis aren't really large enough to dissipate the extra heat from the higher wattage bulbs.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Morimoto Mini H1 or D2S, good price and take a relatively low skill level to install.

FX-R projectors are a little better but the install is a lot more involved.

You can upgrade the D2S or the H1 kits with better bulbs and come pretty close to the light output of the FX-R projectors. If you want to run a 55W HID kit, get the FX-Rs. The minis aren't really large enough to dissipate the extra heat from the higher wattage bulbs.
Which bulbs in the h1 or d2s come close to the fx-r's?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #10
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I gave you the wrong link for the group buy, try this one http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ndrew-trs.html andrew from trs will answer your questions