Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need tail light opinions

Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Need tail light opinions

My passenger side tail light has a hole in the housing and needs replaced but I'm unsure with what. Online it looks like OE comparable lights go for around $60 and OEM for around $150, are there any real difference? Ive been driving for a while now and the bulbs are probably about blown anyway, plus the housing cost to much. Also, I'm entertaining the idea of aftermarket LED type lights. Any advice on which i should go with?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Get these and call it a day. Almost 100% OEM look but with a cooler black bezel instead of chrome. I intend to buy them after I get rid the chrome bumper.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Toyota-TACO...09jmled-dp.htm

Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you! Im close to pulling the trigger but I got some fishing trips coming up so I would need to wait. Thanks for the help, anyone else?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc clc View Post
Damn you! Im close to pulling the trigger but I got some fishing trips coming up so I would need to wait. Thanks for the help, anyone else?
Keep it stock, you don't need any fancy tail lights?! Their taillights!....

Brett
Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed for future purchase
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keep it stock, you don't need any fancy tail lights?! Their taillights!....
But unless im missing something one OEM light will cost almost as much as the pair of aftermarket lights. My dealer quoted me $209 I think for one light. Although I think he got the led/non-led assembly mixed up. What about the OEM vs OE comparable lights?

http://parts.camelbacktoyota.com/par...iagram=8512790

To give an idea what im talking about at.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Go without LED they look better anyways for only $110. I don't know much about tail lights but ya pay for what you get. If you can get a knock off that looks the same go for it, less money the better.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
tacowagon is on a distinguished road

tacowagon's Tacoma Gallery
I saw those black tail lights on ebay for like $130. that website was too expensive.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know much about tail lights but ya pay for what you get. If you can get a knock off that looks the same go for it, less money the better.
Sorry but i'm confused about the above statement. Wouldn't I wanna stay away from knockoffs then?

Quote:
I saw those black tail lights on ebay for like $130. that website was too expensive.
My pay pal doesn't work so I expect to pay a bit more on a legit site.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc clc View Post
Sorry but i'm confused about the above statement. Wouldn't I wanna stay away from knockoffs then?

My pay pal doesn't work so I expect to pay a bit more on a legit site.
I'm just saying I like the stock looking tail light better than the ugly rice rocket style, if its not oem but you can find an aftermarket that looks the exact same I say go for it. That's all.

Brett
Old 04-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #11
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm just saying I like the stock looking tail light better than the ugly rice rocket style, if its not oem but you can find an aftermarket that looks the exact same I say go for it. That's all.
I feel you. I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I can before I purchase. What would be the benefits of the aftermarket LED tail lights?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #12

Nothing.

Brett
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nothing.
In reference to?

Quote:
What would be the benefits of the aftermarket LED tail lights?
Do you have experience with LED tail lights? Are they no brighter? Or anything?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did anyone buy these?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #16
tacoma705 is on a distinguished road

tacoma705's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at buying these also. Hoping someone on here had a review on them
Old 04-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #17
tacoma705 is on a distinguished road

tacoma705's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at buying these also. Hoping someone on here had a review on them
Old 05-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about it long and hard and decided to order em. Ill try and post pics when they come in. Until i can post my own pics it looks like this dude is runnin the same lights
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ere-build.html
Old 05-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #20
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
I have these due to busting my stock ones almost 2 years apart and even running factory stock and one of these couldnt tell the difference and zero leaks or problems.

http://www.am-autoparts.com/2009/Toy...ailLights.html