Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Anyone installed Rigid 30" SR-Series Front Bumper Mount Kit?

Old 11-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #21
C1ph3r is a glorious beacon of lightC1ph3r is a glorious beacon of lightC1ph3r is a glorious beacon of lightC1ph3r is a glorious beacon of lightC1ph3r is a glorious beacon of lightC1ph3r is a glorious beacon of light

Name: A.W.
C1ph3r's Tacoma Gallery
I really need a lot of side lighting for tight mountain road turns. I think I will wait on the bar and put my dually floods in the grill aimed outward at an extreme angle.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
swimmerdude1127 is on a distinguished road
swimmerdude1127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1ph3r View Post
I really need a lot of side lighting for tight mountain road turns. I think I will wait on the bar and put my dually floods in the grill aimed outward at an extreme angle.
Knowing what you're looking for, I think that's the better choice. Best of luck and be sure to post pics when you've got it up and running!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #24
TacomaRockStar is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: LUCA
TacomaRockStar's Tacoma Gallery
where do these actually mount to? i just ordered and looking at bumper i cant see where they will bolt on.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:07 AM   #25
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaRockStar View Post
where do these actually mount to? i just ordered and looking at bumper i cant see where they will bolt on.
If you look inside the lower bumper grill to the sides you will see the aluminum crash beam. Each one has 4 bolts total - each bracket mounts to 2 of those bolts.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #26
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
With pics:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...l-imgp3433.jpg

From this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-removal.html
Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #27
TacomaRockStar is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: LUCA
TacomaRockStar's Tacoma Gallery
Nice worked out well Ty.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #28
GZeus24 is on a distinguished road
GZeus24's Tacoma Gallery
This looks really nice.

Do they / can they mount far enough back to put one of the mesh inserts over them?

I would like to make it a little more discrete to minimize the temptation for thieves.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #29
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GZeus24 View Post
This looks really nice.

Do they / can they mount far enough back to put one of the mesh inserts over them?

I would like to make it a little more discrete to minimize the temptation for thieves.
Hate to say it but if someone want it that bad....they will get it no matter how much mesh inserts are over it
Old 04-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #30
GZeus24 is on a distinguished road
GZeus24's Tacoma Gallery
Oh that is for sure. I am not looking to lock it up, I'm just looking to make it less obvious than it is in the photos here; that alone will greatly reduce the odds of theft.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #31

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Did you guys throw a strip of clear vinyl down over the lights before mounting them so low to the ground?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #32
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
You can do that, but quality LED bars wont need that extra protection. Some of the cheap overseas bars use crappy lenses that scratch, but most higher-end brands are extremely durable.

The pastic covers are pretty popular with our customers.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #34
Luke31415 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Lucas
Luke31415's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 06-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #35
Ken b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud of
Air Force: Crew Chief, MSgt, Retired
Name: Ken
Ken b's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the Rigid Mounts and 30" SR light bar. Kinda a pain in the ass as one of the mounts had to have the holes elongated. It was drilled off just about 2mm. The wiring took some extra time too. I ordered the switch that matches the rest of the switches in the truck. Since it's an Offroad truck the only switch location I had available was above the center console. Co to access that I had to remove the entire center console. Then I use the Bright lights to enable the circuit through the relay. Took a little time and some Forum help to get it right.

Front view

Lights on Bright no LED or fog lights.

Lights on bright with LED bar.

Lights on Bright w/LED bar and Fog lights.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #36
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That looks sweet
Old 06-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #37
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmerdude1127 View Post
Did you have to cut out each and every little support leg on that grill to make it work? Or are there a couple support pieces that you can cut or pop off to pull the whole thing out?

Just trying to save myself the pain of doing it wrong the first time...
Did this question ever get answered?
Old 06-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #38
Ken b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud ofKen b has much to be proud of
Air Force: Crew Chief, MSgt, Retired
Name: Ken
Ken b's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone installed Rigid 30" SR-Series Front Bumper Mount Kit?-image.jpg
Each support has to go. Use painters tape to protect your surrounding plastic. Then take a single handle hacksaw blade and cut away.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #39
Thanks Ken - more pics on this thread too
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-insert-8.html
Old 07-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #40
Registered Text Offender
MyriadRocker is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
MyriadRocker's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd