Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Anyone installed Rigid 30" SR-Series Front Bumper Mount Kit?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
FJRAYGE is on a distinguished road
FJRAYGE's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone installed Rigid 30" SR-Series Front Bumper Mount Kit?

Sup Guys, My dad ordered the 30" SR-Series Front Bumper Mount Kit for his 2013 tacoma.
The kit did not come with any instructions and was wondering if anyone who has installed one either has the instructions or tips. I tried contacting rigid on so far no luck.
I was wondering what I have to do as far as the lower grill where the light goes. I am not sure if I have to completely cut out the grill. I will post some pics from rigid's site of the setup. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone installed Rigid 30" SR-Series Front Bumper Mount Kit?-40156-2t.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
sblea is on a distinguished road
sblea's Tacoma Gallery
The mounting kit should be installed on the front frame aluminum crash bar bolts. Will have to cut out the center parts of the grill - see the RI pictures. You should be able to just install the mounting kit and then the light bar to it.

FYI: I just bough a 30" SR LED light bar and hoping it will fit WITH my AVID light bar that comes out of the lower grill. Has anyboyd installed the Rigid Industries LED light bar on the lower grill with pictures??? Want to know if the AVID light bar mounting kit and the RI LED mount kit will go together...
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery

More pics here
http://shop.tapautoparts.com/rigid_i...i-1689172.aspx
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
sblea is on a distinguished road
sblea's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a AVID bar might fit, dunno about the bracket as they both tie into the same bolts. However, the 2012-2013 Tacomas have a smaller (length wise) lower front grill openning. I guess not way of knowing unless buy everything and hope it all fits.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
FJRAYGE is on a distinguished road
FJRAYGE's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a couple pics after the install.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone installed Rigid 30" SR-Series Front Bumper Mount Kit?-img_1515.jpg   Anyone installed Rigid 30" SR-Series Front Bumper Mount Kit?-img_1516.jpg  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRAYGE View Post
Here is a couple pics after the install.
looks good . you should buy the covers .
Old 08-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
swimmerdude1127 is on a distinguished road
swimmerdude1127's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting ready to do this install as well. Anyone got any tips?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
BLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
That looks HAWT!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #9
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
that looks really good, I wish the e-series fit that, cause I have one in my lower grill but behind the valence
Old 08-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Weve installed a few of these for customers, very straight forward install.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
Weve installed a few of these for customers, very straight forward install.
Do you happen to know, is there any cutting of the lower grill involved, or do you just pop that piece out?

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
We cut the strip on the 05-11 trucks, not sure bout 12+

Its probably possible to mount it further back without cutting but it wouldn't look as good.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
We cut the strip on the 05-11 trucks, not sure bout 12+

Its probably possible to mount it further back without cutting but it wouldn't look as good.
Did you have to cut out each and every little support leg on that grill to make it work? Or are there a couple support pieces that you can cut or pop off to pull the whole thing out?

Just trying to save myself the pain of doing it wrong the first time...
Old 08-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
PM'ed you back, sorry for the slow response I was flooded yesterday after I posted the tuner thread.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
C1ph3r is on a distinguished road

Name: A.W.
C1ph3r's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is a little old but how well does this project out with the flood pattern on the sides? This is what I am wanting to do with my 2014 and I need good bit of light fill to the sides for curvy mountain road driving.

And pics from the driver view at night with the LEDs on?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1ph3r View Post
I know this is a little old but how well does this project out with the flood pattern on the sides? This is what I am wanting to do with my 2014 and I need good bit of light fill to the sides for curvy mountain road driving.

And pics from the driver view at night with the LEDs on?

Thanks
I can try to get you pics tomorrow night but it will be a crappy iphone pic.

It provides a decent amount of light thrown with the spot in the middle and an acceptable amount on the sides as well with the flood. If you're looking to push a lot of light out to the sides I'd combine this kit with one of those hood-mounted/ditch light/A-pillar light brackets and go with a Rigid dually driving pattern for those probably.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 11-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
Here are some pics. My buddy is standing about 100 yards?? away for reference. Sorry, they're iPhone pics but it's the best i can do at the moment.

Low beams:

High beams:

High beams + Rigid 30" combo:

YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGMsv...ature=youtu.be

(sorry about the voice... wind screws it up)
Old 11-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #19
C1ph3r is on a distinguished road

Name: A.W.
C1ph3r's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the post. That helps a lot.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1ph3r View Post
Thanks for the post. That helps a lot.
No problem. IMHO the light difference once you turn on the Rigid 30" is much more noticeable in real life than the pictures.