Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

hella 500's install

Old 02-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
hella 500's install

well..I got my hella 500's today, but the instructions are a bit less then..well..GOOD. This is very confusing. Can anyone help me with wiring? Ive got green wires, red wires and yellow wires..The instructions dosent say anything about green
Old 02-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Im so hungry i can ride a horse...
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
green ey... i must get wired to the accelerator... i mean green means go right lol... just kidding i wired up some lights a couple weeks ago. mainly the wires went from the switch to the acc fuse/and the relay. relay to the LIGHTS+/Battery/ and a ground, next the lights just grounded and that was it
Old 02-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i completely skipped the relay and just went from lights, to switch, to battery, and grounded my lights. very easy
Old 02-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Check out this.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...et-lights.html
Old 02-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
how does it work without the relay? Does your switch get hot? Any problems?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #6
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
i completely skipped the relay and just went from lights, to switch, to battery, and grounded my lights. very easy
The switch wasn't designed to handle that current!! Hence the relay!! That is a fire risk!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
The switch wasn't designed to handle that current!! Hence the relay!! That is a fire risk!
i have two pair of hella 500s with a switch for each pair and everything is fine

the only fire I have had in my truck was in the back seat at the mall parking lot last saturday.... haha