1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I bought Truck-lites

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tylerm5000, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Apr 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    Tylerm5000

Tylerm5000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7l reg cab 4x4 5-speed red pearl
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    I finally got rid of my Pegasus HID projectors on my 1995 Tacoma and bought a pair of Truck-lite LED headlamps.

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...10001&storeId=10001&productId=92027&langId=-1

I chose them over the JW Speaker lights because they are half the cost and still very high quality. I had the opportuinity to buy a set of the JW Speaker headlights at $500 for a pair, but I didn't buy them in time; someone beat me to them.

But I figured out that I have to use a h4 conversion harness with a set of relays to convert the headlights to switched-power because the LED headlights have a ground wire and two positive wires, unlike my truck which has a 12v positive and two ground wires.

I plan on buying it from 4crawler's website, but he is out of them and is redesigning them. He said he is swamped with orders of other items so he cannot get around to it for awhile.

I would like 4crawler's headlight harness because they are high quality and also have a resistor that makes the high-beam indicator light up when the brights are on, and the high and low beams can come on when the switch is in high beam mode.

I rewired my headlights so I at least have low beams. They have a nice cutoff and the beam is much wider. I really like them.

At 20,000 hours of use, they only lose 10% of brightness. So if I actually used them long enough to notice them being dim (over a decade being on 24/7) I would just have to use my brights more often.

2. Apr 21, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    disk_55FL

disk_55FL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    disk
    Buckeye
    '17 TRD Sport MT
    I bought a set ( including passing lamps ) for my Hog ...... ran them most of last season. I was running the HID's ...... the LED's aren't as bright ( but better than stock ) but, they don't " spray " the light all over the place ....... and I'll bet the on-coming traffic like them more than the HID's also !! ;)

3. Apr 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    Tylerm5000

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    I like them better than HIDs because they spread the light out wider than than a projector. I would say that low beams are more than I even expected in terms of brightness and spread.

The one thing I couldn't stand about the projectors was the triangle-shaped pattern that neglected the area immediately in front of the truck and I would say anything less than 45 degrees from the corner lights.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone with a first gen.

4. Apr 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Tylerm5000

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Apr 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    Tylerm5000

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Here is a terrible picture of them installed. I will take better pics when I have more time. School and home projects are consuming it all. Ha

IMG_4464.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top