Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DTR

Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Youre not going to get a response so quick on everything lol
Simple...run a 12v wire from any ignition component that runs power when you turn the key

I wired mine that way using the evap fuse under the hood...onky down side is that they turn on at about 6 hours when the evap releases the fumes from the fuel tank my led switchbaks turn on
(Run wire to 3rd hole behind turn signal plug)

Either that or just add the stock relay
Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
mexichink
Mexichink is on a distinguished road
Name: Enrique
Mexichink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Youre not going to get a response so quick on everything lol
Simple...run a 12v wire from any ignition component that runs power when you turn the key

I wired mine that way using the evap fuse under the hood...onky down side is that they turn on at about 6 hours when the evap releases the fumes from the fuel tank my led switchbaks turn on
(Run wire to 3rd hole behind turn signal plug)

Either that or just add the stock relay
haha I'm just really anxious to find the answer. okay so if I shove a wire into the third hole in the turn signal and power it to the parking lights then wire the led resistor it should work? i read some where the using the relay the turn signal turn off once the headlights turn on
Old 04-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have them wired up the way...I spliced into the parking light wire and ran the new wire to the 3rd (empty) hole
But the obvious thing is that the parking lights need to be on for them to be on as well
And yes they stay on with the headlights that way. I ran and still run mine at night
My whole front end lighting is white (55w hid headlights, 35w fogs, white parking and white switchback led to orange turn signals)
Old 04-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
mexichink
Quote:
I used to have them wired up the way...I spliced into the parking light wire and ran the new wire to the 3rd (empty) hole
But the obvious thing is that the parking lights need to be on for them to be on as well
And yes they stay on with the headlights that way. I ran and still run mine at night
My whole front end lighting is white (55w hid headlights, 35w fogs, white parking and white switchback led to orange turn signals)
so your using the relay now? you have any pics? and where did you get the relay and how much? and where does it go?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Lol no that's what I'm telling you...

There are many ways to do it, it all depends what exact functions you want them to do
Old 04-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexichink View Post
haha omg I'm slow so slow -_____________- okay so to make sure you have them wired with the wire shoved into the third hole lol
Ya...lol
So if you want them to function just like all the stock tacomas I'd advice you to purchase the relay online and doing all the necessary wiring so then you down have to run that wire to that 3rd hole unless you're going to install switchback led turn signals then if you do the switchbacks you will have to run that wire
Old 04-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
mexichink
Quote:
Ya...lol
So if you want them to function just like all the stock tacomas I'd advice you to purchase the relay online and doing all the necessary wiring so then you down have to run that wire to that 3rd hole unless you're going to install switchback led turn signals then if you do the switchbacks you will have to run that wire
okay so im gonna get the switchback, obviously i need the resistor to stop the hyper flash. Then put a wire into the third hole wire to parking lights when the parking lights are on they should be white and if i use the turn signal it should be yellow right?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Correctomundo
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
mexichink
Quote:
Correctomundo
Hey so I did what you said and it worked perfectly. I ordered a 120 smd switchback with load resistors and every time I turn on the parking lights I pop my parking light fuse. My parking lights have the aftermarket led and halo wired to them also I have an led strip around the fog hole wire to the parking lights as well you think I'm over loading the fuse? Also what gauge wire should I have used? My friend used 18 I have 24 would that be the problem?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
ya youre over loading the circuit...
to check, unplug one of the lights already installed (either the parking light or halo)
and check the dtrl by itself
Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #16
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
A fuse blowing comes from one of 2 things. Either a short or some of the cheaper leds are wired right and blow fuses.