Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What color LED bulbs?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
What color LED bulbs?

When replacing regular bulbs w/led bulbs shoul you use the color bulb thats the same as the lens. Such as red for tail/brake lights which arered lenses. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Idiot abroad
Mishael is on a distinguished road
Name: Mishael
Mishael's Tacoma Gallery
As far as I know, it doesn't actually matter. I get all my LED stuff from superbrightleds.com*** and they recommend sticking with the lens color for the color of the LED, but again, it doesn't matter. If you pull a white lamp off, you should be able to put a white LED array back on.
the only reason you might want a lens colored LED set is if:
A. broken/cracked lens
B. faded lens (brake/tail turns pink? I don't know)
C. Because you want to

From my findings and because of how life is, red LEDs are BY FAR the cheapest LEDs, therefore red LED replacement lamps are cheaper than white or amber. Granted, the total price might be a dollar or two different, but hey that might convince you to head for the color instead of white.

***not to put in an ad for them but these guys have great products and they're US-based. Highly recommended.