Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

retro install time and mounting shrouds?

Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
jimmybee1108 will become famous soon enough
Name: JM
jimmybee1108's Tacoma Gallery
retro install time and mounting shrouds?

Got my mini d2s with gatling gun shroud.
whats yalls average install time for those that got either the mini h1 or d2s?

And when I put my shroud on it doesn't seem to let the projector be inserted all the way. Help?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Depends how crafty you are, I would devote a weekend to them.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
For a first time retro at least 2 days and take your time. 1 day for the retro and 1 for wiring and installation.

As for the shroud you can use a dremel to trim the excess material off the rear that touches the reflector to make it fit. It is a trial and error process, just don't trim too much.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
Talking

I've got the wiring down. I've done several HID systems, not retros, though.

was thinking of taking the lights out and working tonight, then all day tomorrow slowly alternate between one headlight and a cold beer
Basically one tomorrow, one Saturday.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybee1108 View Post
I've got the wiring down. I've done several HID systems, not retros, though.

was thinking of taking the lights out and working tonight, then all day tomorrow slowly alternate between one headlight and a cold beer
Basically one tomorrow, one Saturday.
In order to let the silicone (GE silicone II) and paint completely offgas and avoid a hazy headlight, I would suggest they both get done at the same time so u can let them offgas as long as possible.

Otherwise u may end up with 1 clear and 1 cloudy housing if u do them on diff days
Old 04-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
Speaking of silicone, any specific brands to go with or anything like that?
I've heard of people using epoxy. Any difference in that?