Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Insurance Headlights Replacement

Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
avengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of lightavengedkevinfold is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kevin
avengedkevinfold's Tacoma Gallery
Insurance Headlights Replacement

2011 Tacoma Sport ....

Went through a sandstorm and my windshield, front end, grill, and headlights are pitted. Filed an insurance claim, Going to try and get them to replace the windshield, headlights, and possibly grill.

My buddy recommended that I have the insurance replace my headlights with the Toyota blacked out headlights that come on the 2013 tacoma baja edition.

I called the dealership and they couldnt really give me much information. Does anybody know about these headlights that come stock on the baja edition?

If I can't find these and I manage to get the insurance company to pay for a comparable aftermarket headlights with black on the inside, which would you guys recommend?
Old 04-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
XXFattyHunterXX is on a distinguished road
XXFattyHunterXX's Tacoma Gallery
i have not seen anything but all chrome on all 2012-2013 Tacoma headlights whatever edition you buy.
You have a 2011 it seems, so headlights are different but the Sport and Offroad 2011 does have the black chrome from factory, black chrome, not blacked out, you'd have to paint it yourself for that.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedkevinfold View Post
2011 Tacoma Sport ....

Went through a sandstorm and my windshield, front end, grill, and headlights are pitted. Filed an insurance claim, Going to try and get them to replace the windshield, headlights, and possibly grill.

My buddy recommended that I have the insurance replace my headlights with the Toyota blacked out headlights that come on the 2013 tacoma baja edition.

I called the dealership and they couldnt really give me much information. Does anybody know about these headlights that come stock on the baja edition?

If I can't find these and I manage to get the insurance company to pay for a comparable aftermarket headlights with black on the inside, which would you guys recommend?
You should be able to just receive a check from insurance that you could buy whatever you want. The check will be comparable to replacement costs (depending on insurance, the cost of parts from salvage).
Old 05-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
RipVanDango is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st MLG, Engineer Maint. Co. (04-08)
Name: Cody
RipVanDango's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 TX pro and the headlights are not blacked out. Is the baja edition something different?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if the 2013 ones will fit...they tweaked the front end on 2012 and up
Old 05-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
ur not gunna fit 13 lights in the front of an 05-11 without more massaging.

just get 09-11 SPORT smoked lights

unless u wanna

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-end-swap.html
Old 06-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
ur not gunna fit 13 lights in the front of an 05-11 without more massaging.

just get 09-11 SPORT smoked lights

unless u wanna

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-end-swap.html
Massaging? Wrong verb.

Depends on the insurance company.
Some will repair/replace only to factory original.

When I got my '03 Tundra back from the shop, I had my clear corner on the left and the factory amber corner on the right.

Fortunately, they had told me they couldn't do clear corners, and they had the truck for over a month, so I had time to order new corners.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Massaging? Wrong verb.

Depends on the insurance company.
Some will repair/replace only to factory original.

When I got my '03 Tundra back from the shop, I had my clear corner on the left and the factory amber corner on the right.

Fortunately, they had told me they couldn't do clear corners, and they had the truck for over a month, so I had time to order new corners.
Massaging was probably an understatement, but it is perfectly acceptable use of the verb.

As far as replacement - The insurance company has no say in what os actually done to the truck-They only get input about how much money they are giving you.
How you and/or your shop spend that cash is flexible. Your lender (if you have a car note) may have some say too...
Old 06-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Massaging was probably an understatement, but it is perfectly acceptable use of the verb.

As far as replacement - The insurance company has no say in what os actually done to the truck-They only get input about how much money they are giving you.
How you and/or your shop spend that cash is flexible. Your lender (if you have a car note) may have some say too...
This shop was brutal.
They replaced basically the entire passenger side... hood, radiator support, etc...

This was an SR5, had the chrome strips on the bumper and grille.
The bumper needed replacing, I asked for the Limited bumper because it did not have the chrome strip (removing it left holes) and I intended to replace the grille with what would now be considered a Satoshi.
Both the SR5 and Limited bumpers would be painted DSM... they refused to order the Limited bumper cover.

I had debadged the truck and rebadged the doors and tailgate with the raised TRD badges. They refused to NOT install the "Tundra" badge on the new door skin.

Caliber Collision... I've had similar experiences at 3 different Caliber shops. I use them because it is a painless process financially. I write them a check for $500 and they bill AAA directly. I don't have to deal with submitting 3 quotes to AAA and then dealing with them when the actual repair comes in over budget.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
This shop was brutal.
They replaced basically the entire passenger side... hood, radiator support, etc...

This was an SR5, had the chrome strips on the bumper and grille.
The bumper needed replacing, I asked for the Limited bumper because it did not have the chrome strip (removing it left holes) and I intended to replace the grille with what would now be considered a Satoshi.
Both the SR5 and Limited bumpers would be painted DSM... they refused to order the Limited bumper cover.

I had debadged the truck and rebadged the doors and tailgate with the raised TRD badges. They refused to NOT install the "Tundra" badge on the new door skin.

Caliber Collision... I've had similar experiences at 3 different Caliber shops. I use them because it is a painless process financially. I write them a check for $500 and they bill AAA directly. I don't have to deal with submitting 3 quotes to AAA and then dealing with them when the actual repair comes in over budget.
I would be flipping out - The place working on my truck right now is on point. I've got new tails, mirrors, custom paint, and some other adjusted repairs and we will work out $ at the end, but I may well get a check from them....