Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LS460 FJ Retrofit

Old 05-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
LS460 FJ Retrofit

Figured you guys would like it.

"LS460R" Projectors
3" xStrip
Standox-painted bowls
New Eagle Eyes housings
CBI bulbs
50w Morimoto Ballasts (temporary until I decide what I want)

Old setup:

New build:

Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!

I gotta ask, why does that FJ have an Alaska front plate and a Georgia rear plate?

Also, what was your old setup? Never seen anything like that before and although they look like LED's, you said they were something else in another thread.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Nice work!

I gotta ask, why does that FJ have an Alaska front plate and a Georgia rear plate?

Also, what was your old setup? Never seen anything like that before and although they look like LED's, you said they were something else in another thread.
My girlfriend is from Alaska and rocks one on her truck (which has the same projectors). Note mine is actually from 1974 and is brand new (NOS).

The old setup is actually Infinti Q45 HID projectors. That retro is for sale: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-retrofit.html
Old 05-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #5

Rolling shots coming soon!

Old 05-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #6

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
that looks incredible
Old 05-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent Andrew! Now maybe some of the PnP kids will see how great it looks and will learn the real way to HID!
looks great bud.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
Excellent Andrew! Now maybe some of the PnP kids will see how great it looks and will learn the real way to HID!
looks great bud.
Just wait till I add about 70lbs of 10w LED bars.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
i won't be too far behind you, man! all in the next few months
but i am getting rid of my porsche projectors and going with an s2k retro before i add too many more LED bars
Old 05-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
i won't be too far behind you, man! all in the next few months
but i am getting rid of my porsche projectors and going with an s2k retro before i add too many more LED bars
We're working on some new 10w bars. Mad intensity.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
How were you able to keep the weight of that 460 from wobbling when you hit bumps and such? That is a problem with a lot of Tacoma FX-R retros that no one seems to address. This latest one I am running I built in a system to help support the bowl, but it still isn't perfect nor is it complete.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTRS View Post
We're working on some new 10w bars. Mad intensity.

So I can trade in my XBAR and up to a new 10w bar right?
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
How were you able to keep the weight of that 460 from wobbling when you hit bumps and such? That is a problem with a lot of Tacoma FX-R retros that no one seems to address. This latest one I am running I built in a system to help support the bowl, but it still isn't perfect nor is it complete.
I didn't build a frame for it or anything, but the LS460 projector seats against the reflector snugly and then I added about 3oz of JB Weld on each and 2oz of Steel Stik on each, so it's plenty.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
So I can trade in my XBAR and up to a new 10w bar right?
Yes, but the trade in value is all of about $50.