1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

04 halo headlights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by roehoe72, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Feb 22, 2009 at 12:22 AM
    chamuco12

chamuco12 Active Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    2004 taco, 4cyl. 4x4
    k&n intake, flowmaster exhaust, 2.5 fabtek coilover lift,...
    by the way those lights you posted up look prety cool...i can only imagine what they look like on a tacoma...do you have any pictures??? of them installed...you are right i only show the actual bulbs but function is what im after...but of course if they looke d like the picture you put up....they would also look..well good.

2. Feb 22, 2009 at 5:21 AM
    apkarian100

apkarian100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hooksett,NH
    It's too bad no company makes 01-04 projector headlights. I think the OP wants his headlights for looks. The HID setup like you have is for output, which is good. I only put in the lawn lights shrouds in because they were the cheap and effective way to dressing up the projectors. You could buy OEM shrouds, but they get expensive, like $100 a pair.

The only other option I see out there is this, from JAM Performance UK:

[​IMG]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Hid-B...rts_SM?hash=item140301914617#ebayphotohosting

It's a universal Bi-Xenon projector halo light conversion. It already has the halo built in and it comes with the HID kit.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Feb 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM
    roehoe72

roehoe72 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 dc prerunner v6 trd
    yeah i thought kind of the same thing with the lawn shrouds. however, what you have is just a replacement bulb. what i want is the projector lens with a halo ring around it. like all the new bmw's and such. i managed to find these as a whole unit on ebay, but i need to research them a little more to figure out if they are brighter, too bright or too dim. it would be a fun project too i think. and possibly i can install the hid into the projector, who knows. i do appreciate all the help from you guys though. also, to clear things up, i want these for aesthetics, and function. i have halo ring fog lights, but i am tired of how i cant see all that well. my lights are fading after 5 years on the same bulbs, so it would be nice to see again. by the way, i clicked the on the ebay link, and that is hilarious! i used to have a tl1000s a couple years back...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Feb 23, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    chamuco12

chamuco12 Active Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    2004 taco, 4cyl. 4x4
    k&n intake, flowmaster exhaust, 2.5 fabtek coilover lift,...
    awlrite...cool...that setup sounds like it would look real cool... what i have looks basically stock but you get really good visibility at night...and i even have my front windshield tinted and still get a very clear picture ahead.

5. Oct 4, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    puddin

puddin Prerunner v6

Member:
    Vehicle:
    15" Audiobaughn w/ a 1000 mono amp
    My buddy recently got a pair of those halo Lights for his dodge. Ive been hunting for a pair for my 01 tacoma but everthing i come across is a grand and higher, I can see there is an alternative solution by making your own with some lawn equipment. Would it be possible to get some detailed instructions along with a few snapshots? I would even like to buy a pair already made if possible and just install them myself. Im still fuzzy on how the process works?

Products Discussed in

To Top