1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with hazard lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Erin0220, May 7, 2013.

1. May 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Erin0220

Erin0220 [OP] Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma V6
    Tow package Auto locks/start
    I have not been able to find anything about my Tacoma's problem anywhere on the internet, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

A few months ago I purchased a 2011 Double cab. After driving it a few days the hazard lights came on randomly. They flashed two or three times and then shut off. It did not have a car starter or trailer package. I brought it back to the dealership and they could not find any reason it would have happened and could not replicate the problem. I took it back thinking I was crazy. A few weeks later it happened again, same thing. Just flashed a couple times then shut off. I brought the truck back thinking it was some weird computer/wiring problem that I didn't want to deal with.

I brought home a 2010. They installed a car starter, cruise control and it had a trailer package. I drove it for about three weeks and this truck did the same thing. I would assume it was something that was done after market, but the 2011 did the same thing and didn't have anything done to it. The dealship still has no clue and I don't blame them. Can't get it to replicate what happens.

It has happened both when driving and when stopped at a stop sign, when turning and when going straight. It doesn't make any sense. Any ideas?

2. May 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    RipVanDango

RipVanDango Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '92 / 2012 TX Pro
    Leer 100XL Canopy, Home Made LED Bar, Lightforce Blitz 4300k 35W HIDs, Supertones Hella Horns, LED Bed Light,
    If it were me I might take it to another dealership and have them look over the first guys work. Maybe the same hobo got his hands on both your trucks.

3. May 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    How long does the light stay on,once it come up ? It's hard because nowadays it got a lot of gadgets,electrical wires and such, I would just time when it appear again next time....

4. May 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    Erin0220

Erin0220 [OP] Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma V6
    Tow package Auto locks/start
    Sometimes it happens twice a day sometimes twice a month. They only flash on and off two or three times. Once they stayed on for a little longer, but no more than 5-10 seconds.

Products Discussed in

To Top