LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Which OTTRAW switch do I need?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Which OTTRAW switch do I need?

I am wanting to buy a OTTRAW switch (this one, in particular) for just a simple off-on rocker for my Blitzpro. I don't understand all the different options on that page I linked to and I want to make sure I get the right one. I have no other parts at this time so I need the one that comes with everything I need to wire it up. Any help is appreciated.

Matt
Old 05-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Basically any that say SPST (Single pole single throw) will work for what you want. The ones with more options are for all the LEDs on the rockers themselves.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Some are also momentary, what you would use for a train horn or winch controls.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Actually after looking at the link you sent, that's only the rocker it's self, you still need a switch body, one that is SPST
Old 05-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Actually after looking at the link you sent, that's only the rocker it's self, you still need a switch body, one that is SPST
Ok thank you. Directly under the picture, it has the "Rocker Only" option which is I think you're talking about. I think that is if someone had the other parts.

Would I want the next section under that one that says "Single Lighted Switches - SPST OFF/ON" and then whatever color I want the light to be? In other words, if I wanted a SPST with red LED, would the correct part number be V1D1BC0B?

Also, it says below that part number "Three terminal switches with no rear barriers. Use 1/4" female disconnects or VCH housing. (Packard terminals for the rear housing are sold separately)" Which packard terminals would I need from this page? And do you know if the above part number and the correct packard terminals would be all that I need or is there other things I need to get the switch to work?

Matt
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
I've got several of these switches and know little about wiring. I called and told them what I wanted the switch for and how it should operate. The guy listened and took my order right over the phone and there hasn't been an issue yet.
Do you know which ones you have? Or rather, which parts you actually need for everything?

I will try and call them tomorrow, I think I missed them today because of the time zone difference.

Matt
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Do you know which ones you have? Or rather, which parts you actually need for everything?

I will try and call them tomorrow, I think I missed them today because of the time zone difference.

Matt
Just call and tell them what you want the switch to do. The guy I spoke with understood (switch upper in amber when truck lights on, green slit when specific light is activated), told me what I needed, and placed the order. He even looked up a couple of the laser etch switches that were not shown online. They have all worked as requested.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Just call and tell them what you want the switch to do. The guy I spoke with understood (switch upper in amber when truck lights on, green slit when specific light is activated), told me what I needed, and placed the order. He even looked up a couple of the laser etch switches that were not shown online. They have all worked as requested.
Man, those look slick. Thanks for the info. Now if only I had some blank switches...

Matt
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I like it alot!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #12
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
Rep points to krob32 for the info. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #13
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
For everyone that's bought these switches. Which wire do I splice into so light is on when dash lights are on?