Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What interior lights come on?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
bwp is on a distinguished road
bwp's Tacoma Gallery
What interior lights do not come on?

Hey,

I just bought my tacoma not to long ago and i am wondering about which buttons are not supposed to light up.

For instance on the door, the driver side window switch button lights up but the door lock and passenger window lock button does not light up. Is that right? Also the fog light button lights up but the lock diff and clutch cancel button does not light up.

I ask because my a/c button and vent position switch bulbs are out, so i am wondering if any other bulbs are out that should light up.

Edit: sorry i have a 2005 v6 trd off road tacoma
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwp View Post
Hey,

I just bought my tacoma not to long ago and i am wondering about which buttons are not supposed to light up.

For instance on the door, the driver side window switch button lights up but the door lock and passenger window lock button does not light up. Is that right? Also the fog light button lights up but the lock diff and clutch cancel button does not light up.

I ask because my a/c button and vent position switch bulbs are out, so i am wondering if any other bulbs are out that should light up.

Edit: sorry i have a 2005 v6 trd off road tacoma
The diff lock is supposed to light up. The bulb is easy to change, it's 6 bucks at the dealer.

My window and lock switches behave the same as you described yours. I believe that's normal.

Clutch cancel only lights up when activated.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
bwp's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the reply,

What about the side mirror positioning switch? the 4h 4l 2h switch? the interior dim/brighten light adjusting knob? lastly the button for the power outlet in the bed truck?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
thanks for the reply,

What about the side mirror positioning switch? the 4h 4l 2h switch? the interior dim/brighten light adjusting knob? lastly the button for the power outlet in the bed truck?
No lights on those, with the exception of the invertor (power outlet) switch lighting up when activated.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed with Joe up there on all his switch/light claims.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
bwp's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, Seems like i just have a few bulbs to replace.

The radio controls on my steering wheel, those bulbs may need replacing too, they are really dim.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Try thumping the panel under the diff lock switch.....sometimes it pops on
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
Quote:
Alright, Seems like i just have a few bulbs to replace.

The radio controls on my steering wheel, those bulbs may need replacing too, they are really dim.
Can't comment on that one, mine doesn't have that feature.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
bwp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Can't comment on that one, mine doesn't have that feature.
I guess the dim/brighten knob isnt wired up to those bulbs. Nothing happens when i turn the knob up and down, no brightening or dimming. That or mine are messed up.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess the dim/brighten knob isnt wired up to those bulbs. Nothing happens when i turn the knob up and down, no brightening or dimming. That or mine are messed up.
I don't have steering wheel buttons either.

But im not surprised the dimmer doesn't work on them......doesn't tie into the clock or temp/compass either.

Its a pita if ur in an area which requires ur headlights to be on during the day..... u can't see the outside temp, or the clock.

1 day ill find the wire that auto dims these when the headlights are on and snip it.

Joe, any leads?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I don't have steering wheel buttons either.

But im not surprised the dimmer doesn't work on them......doesn't tie into the clock or temp/compass either.

Its a pita if ur in an area which requires ur headlights to be on during the day..... u can't see the outside temp, or the clock.

1 day ill find the wire that auto dims these when the headlights are on and snip it.

Joe, any leads?
It's something I've considered as well. No more free wiring info on TTORA, and I'm too cheap to pay for an All Data subscription right now. Someday I'll get around to it........