Notices

Who has a LED bar on the roof?

Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
War Eagle!
CamboTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
CamboTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Who has a LED bar on the roof?

I want to put a 40 inch bar on roof and having a hard time figuring out how. I've seen a few guys with custom fab'd light bars up there. Anyone willing to make one for me? I'm not really a fan of drilling into the roof and all that, but if someone knows what they are doing I would be willing to make a how-to when I do it. Have a good one!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamboTaco View Post
I want to put a 40 inch bar on roof and having a hard time figuring out how. I've seen a few guys with custom fab'd light bars up there. Anyone willing to make one for me? I'm not really a fan of drilling into the roof and all that, but if someone knows what they are doing I would be willing to make a how-to when I do it. Have a good one!
does your truck have the spot for a roof rack? i seen someone on here made a bracket that goes where the roof rack mounts and holds a light bar
Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
War Eagle!

its the 13 dbl cab... but does not have pre drilled holes. so would have to drill holes for in channel mount... only other option to not drill would be a channel mounted rack
Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its the 13 dbl cab... but does not have pre drilled holes.
Not possible.. All DCs have pre drilled holes

Edit: and here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ght-mount.html
Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
War Eagle!

i just looked at it Sunday and it just has a flat spot in the channel where I would expect the holes for the roof rack! I can get a pic if you would like
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
The holes are under the tape, it's painted after tape is applied, they should be there. Pull up the modding and look about 10-12" back from the windshield.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i just looked at it Sunday and it just has a flat spot in the channel where I would expect the holes for the roof rack! I can get a pic if you would like
So there are no spots with tape covering them?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
War Eagle!

I peeled back the black rubber seal and there is a flat spot where the I think the 3 holes would be pre drilled...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #9

Quote:
I peeled back the black rubber seal and there is a flat spot where the I think the 3 holes would be pre drilled...
It looks like a piece of tape in the grove. Take a picture tomorrow
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
tnttse is on a distinguished road
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
This is my 36" bar, hindsight I wish I would have made the rack bigger to put a bigger light up top. But oh well, its still pretty damn bright.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #11
tnttse is on a distinguished road
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
also, there are two holes up front, you can see where they are on my rack because the bolts are exposed.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
War Eagle!

it looks like they have the places marked to drill... but not drilled
Old 05-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #13

At the top right of your picture. Feel over that with your fingers and you will feel 2 indents. Poke them and you will see the holes
Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Those are the spot welds. The holes are under that sticker to the upper right. They have threaded inserts in there.

*sigh* I just noticed the Auburn stuff. I'll have to translate.

What it is that you gots is that you ain't uh lookin' in de right spurt. If'n you look a wee bit mo back you's git a good look see at that there sticker them put the paint on there when they made your truck. Jest run yours booger hook across and you'lls feel dem dare holes you be lookin fer.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevAdam View Post
Those are the spot welds. The holes are under that sticker to the upper right. They have threaded inserts in there.

What it is that you gots is that you ain't uh lookin' in de right spurt. If'n you look a wee bit mo back you's git a good look see at that there sticker them put the paint on there when they made your truck. Jest run yours booger hook across and you'lls feel dem dare holes you be lookin fer.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #16
rjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Airframer
Name: Rob
rjsimz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

LOL
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #17
War Eagle!

Quote:

HAHAHA! Got my degree in biomedscience so I think I'm a little above that, but I do speak that language for some of my patients at the pharmacy... going to look at it "one mo gin"

"Wul I bes damn! lookie here at whut I fount"
Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad you found the holes you were looking for. Now if you guys could field a good football team lol...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
War Eagle!

Quote:
I'm glad you found the holes you were looking for. Now if you guys could field a good football team lol...
you ain't kiddin... I am a good fan, not super hardcore, but it was depressing watching last season... hopefully this year will be better, can't get much worse

I am assuming you are a Clemson guy? I loved that team the last 2 years... Boyd + the receivers = ballin!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #20
Impressive Member

RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yea those guys have really changed the face of Clemson Football. Ya know when you can get a jab in on a Auburn alumn you gotta take it lol.