Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What does TacoWorld think about this look?

View Poll Results: Should I stick with this combination?
Do It!!! 147 78.61%
No...Stop... Stop now. 40 21.39%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really like the two small bars in the lower grille, but I actually do like the "Raptor" lights; they look pretty mean.

I just think it looks a little busy with those 2 smaller bars.

Matt
Old 05-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Good luck with your future project!
Old 05-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
Operator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really nice

Name: Dave
Operator313's Tacoma Gallery
I'll shop a couple of you guys suggestions and post them later tonight.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Go rigid or go home
Old 05-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #25
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Go rigid or go home
I unfortunately have to disagree. Overpriced and output isn't any better than a lot of current options.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #26
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I unfortunately have to disagree. Overpriced and output isn't any better than a lot of current options.
You're sig creeps me out... Haha

Hmm, I was thinking about going with Rigid Dually's in the future... What would you recommend over them if they're not worth the extra cost?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #27
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You get what you pay for . Does your light even have a cover ?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #28
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
ID lights are for trucks 80"+ wide. Just go with the big lightbar, and maybe a couple 2" square lights.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #29
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
You're sig creeps me out... Haha

Hmm, I was thinking about going with Rigid Dually's in the future... What would you recommend over them if they're not worth the extra cost?
Are you referring to my avatar? lol

The Dually D2s are probably the only Rigid light that I would personally buy. They look good and have output that really hasn't been matched by other makers of the smaller lights. I would wait for Morimoto to come out with their new stuff... It's gonna be awesome.

Quote:
You get what you pay for . Does your light even have a cover ?
You get what you pay for most of the time... This isn't one of those times. Rigid was first to the plate and they are justifying the high prices with american-made and being the original LED guys. Aside from maybe a little better cooling, I have yet to see anything that makes Rigid a better product than a lot of manufacturers out there today.

My bar does not have a cover. The plastic covering is the same kind of stuff as headlights are made out of so I don't see it being a problem as far as dependability. Even if something happened to it, I could replace the plastic or even trash the thing and buy another one for the cost of a Rigid. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, and there's no point in trying to change mine. I just am trying to help people make an informed decision.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you referring to my avatar? lol

The Dually D2s are probably the only Rigid light that I would personally buy. They look good and have output that really hasn't been matched by other makers of the smaller lights. I would wait for Morimoto to come out with their new stuff... It's gonna be awesome.
Yes, your avatar... Haha
Old 05-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #31
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
You get what you pay for most of the time... This isn't one of those times. Rigid was first to the plate and they are justifying the high prices with american-made and being the original LED guys. Aside from maybe a little better cooling, I have yet to see anything that makes Rigid a better product than a lot of manufacturers out there today.

My bar does not have a cover. The plastic covering is the same kind of stuff as headlights are made out of so I don't see it being a problem as far as dependability. Even if something happened to it, I could replace the plastic or even trash the thing and buy another one for the cost of a Rigid. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, and there's no point in trying to change mine. I just am trying to help people make an informed decision.[/QUOTE]

Well I'd say this is for sure a case of you get what you pay for . It seems you're running the morimoto bar and from a quick search it seems those bars cost $100 or so less than a full price rigid . You may have bought it in a group buy or something for 1/2 the price but I highly suspect you will go through atleast 2 of them per 1 rigid . I do not have experience with a morimoto but I have seen many cheap rebranded led bars and have seen a ton of problems with them . The rebranded bars I've seen leak,overheat,discolor and bulbs burn out ,dim and even change colors with minimal use . Most rebranded led bars usually come with a 1-2 year warranty and good luck getting them warrantied .

Running a light bar without a cover is illegal in my state and will net you a ticket of $150 or so .

Rigid is pure quality . From their complete wiring harness,customer service, and light covers . They also offer many output options for their lights .
Old 05-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #32
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Well I'd say this is for sure a case of you get what you pay for . It seems you're running the morimoto bar and from a quick search it seems those bars cost $100 or so less than a full price rigid . You may have bought it in a group buy or something for 1/2 the price but I highly suspect you will go through atleast 2 of them per 1 rigid . I do not have experience with a morimoto but I have seen many cheap rebranded led bars and have seen a ton of problems with them . The rebranded bars I've seen leak,overheat,discolor and bulbs burn out ,dim and even change colors with minimal use . Most rebranded led bars usually come with a 1-2 year warranty and good luck getting them warrantied .

Running a light bar without a cover is illegal in my state and will net you a ticket of $150 or so .

Rigid is pure quality . From their complete wiring harness,customer service, and light covers . They also off many output options for their lights .
I have a lifetime warranty on this bar. I have seen many problems with many cheap rebranded anythings! I have worked with TRS in the past and have full confidence in the products that they sell. The only other manufacturer I have had first hand experience with for light bars is Blitzpro. I admit that the overall quality on that just isn't the same as my XBAR for example.

My state has no such laws on the light bars and even if I had to have one, making something to cover over that would not be much of a problem.

The only time I would say that a Rigid purchase is able to be justified is if you were running the desert frequently. If you absolutely beat the shit out of your bar then the little bit of added protection and cooling might be worth it. As for everyone else, the value simply isn't there.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #33
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
The trs link I see doesn't show morimoto anymore or is broken . Good luck with it .
Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #35
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sick! Mean looking!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #36
2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough

Name: Markus
2013baja's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Raptor lights! Let us know how you plan to install those.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #37
Operator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really nice

Name: Dave
Operator313's Tacoma Gallery
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #40
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
UFO sighting