1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Retro fit coming soon...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Joben, May 26, 2013.

1. May 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Joben

Joben [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Wilmington, DE
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport, Speedway Blue
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369605878.944725.jpg

Got used stock headlights off eBay to do BHLM and a retro fit with ds2 projectors....

I've done my research and have a bunch of threads bookmarked to get me through the mod.

Any words of warning or suggestions would be greatly appreciated to make this project as smooth as possible.

Also can't seem to find a write up on the fog light retro fit using the bi xenon matchbox kit from TRS, has anyone done this mod? Was just going to follow the procedures laid out for the blazer retro fit

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Asianguywithatruk

Asianguywithatruk Well-Known Member

Member:
    CenCal
    Vehicle:
    05 taco DCSB
    King RR coilovers Ironman leaf springs 17" scs sr8 jet black 285 75 17 Yokohama geolandar Demello front bumper Brute force rear bumper
    Subd. I'm in the same situation as you. Got all my stuff sitting on the living room floor for over a month.

3. May 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    04TacomaLimited

04TacomaLimited Active Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Bone Stock Tacoma Limited
    I'm about to do my retrofit soon also. I'm using TL projectors with eBay housings. Will post up pics when I'm done. Fortunately, I've got two brothers who has done retrofits before, but not on trucks. If you're afraid of putting the headlights in the oven, you can use a blow dryer. It'll take more time, but safer than melting anything. Good luck!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. May 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    08PRELB

08PRELB Don't Tread On Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    Toy Tech Ultimate Lift kit,Buildt Right UCA's 285/70/17 BFG AT, Camburg Spindles, BHLM, K&N, Flow Master 50, Spider Trax, URD MAF CAL, Satoshi Grill, any time fog mod, 20% tint, Katzkins Leather Interior, FX-R Projector Retro
    If you can do BHLM you can retrofit a set mini d2s. Just take your time and you'll be fine, let your paint/ sealant cure for a good three days. And before you put the lights back together make sure you check the horizontal alignment of your cut off.

Products Discussed in

To Top