Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

I prefer Stock Headlights over Retro Projector am I the only one

Old 05-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer Stock Headlights over Retro Projector am I the only one

Ive had both over the past year and im leaning towards stock l know you get more light output left to right and directly in front of you but the dam cut of make it feel like im missing something. Am I alone in this preference.?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Nope
Old 05-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I had retrofits and am back to halogens now. I had a lot of problems making my retros work so I went back to the simplicity of halogen bulbs. I loved the output of the retros though. As far as lighting goes, I would take retros over halogens any day but I won't have bi-xenon projectors again.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the replies. I agree with the simplicity part trying to get the cut off lines level and even in a 13 is a pain in the ass the alignment ring doesn't fit. worrying about the stupid cut off (hi/lo) spring sticking leaving one light in bright mode.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest I don't like my retrofit. The light output isn't that good. And if I could turn back time I would have spend that money on other things...
Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
been almost a year since I did the retro on my 08. went with the easier and simplier D2S set up. no problem so far, plus it's a lot easier to get it back to stock form. as for the cut off, love it. to each his own I guess.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
I'll keep my stock headlights with Sylvania Extra Vision bulbs. I have never had a vehicle that has this good of light output from factory headlights.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
PinkTaco24 is on a distinguished road
PinkTaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
I'll keep my stock headlights with Sylvania Extra Vision bulbs. I have never had a vehicle that has this good of light output from factory headlights.
x2